Attention moderators: Fwd: Increase Your App Downloads on Android Market

by Disconnect » Fri, 13 Mar 2009 09:26:41 GMT

 Isn't there something in the groups terms of service that says "don't spam"?

Ah.. here we are. Section 4:
Google authorizes you to view [..] the Materials solely for your personal,
non-commercial use.
You may not sell [..] or otherwise use the Materials in any way for any
public or commercial purpose.

There is also a section on "may not: post [..] disruptive commercial
messages or advertisements, or anything else prohibited by the Group owner."

 http://groups.google.com/intl/en/googlegroups/terms_of_service3.html ..

(I was going to post this on -dev but.. hopefully the mods will see this on
-discuss. Obviously they got my addy from -dev.)

Its nice to know android has already attracted scammers. Hopefully nobody
will fall for this crap. (FWIW at first glance I thought it was from goog
since gmail doesn't display the 'from' info by default. It certainly reads
like an 'approved' ad..)