Eclipse plugin 0.9

by Al Sutton » Tue, 28 Apr 2009 23:51:57 GMT

 Can someone confirm or let me know if it's a problem with my setup where the
0.9 eclipse plugin will complain about not finding the SDK even if the
workspace has no Android projects in it?

I work on a few projects and many of them don't have Android apps involved,
so it's a little annoying to get the popup on every single workspace.

Al.

---

* Written an Android App? - List it at  http://andappstore.com/  *

======
company number  6741909. The registered head office is Kemp House,
152-160 City Road, London,  EC1V 2NX, UK.

subsidiaries.

Eclipse plugin 0.9

by Tom Gibara » Wed, 29 Apr 2009 00:13:38 GMT

 In my experience of Eclipse and how others use it, I'd say it's unusual to
have several workspaces. Most development is done in one workspace with
projects grouped into 'project sets'.

You need particular workspace specific requirements to make it worth
configuring multiple workspaces.

Tom

Can someone confirm or let me know if it's a problem with my setup where the
0.9 eclipse plugin will complain about not finding the SDK even if the
workspace has no Android projects in it?

I work on a few projects and many of them don't have Android apps involved,
so it's a little annoying to get the popup on every single workspace.

Al.

---

* Written an Android App? - List it at  http://andappstore.com/  *

======
company number  6741909. The registered head office is Kemp House,
152-160 City Road, London,  EC1V 2NX, UK.

subsidiaries.

Eclipse plugin 0.9

by Al Sutton » Wed, 29 Apr 2009 01:06:44 GMT

 I've got some Android apps, Some GWT + App Engine work, some Struts2 +
Hibernate work, and a couple of versions of the same project (one dev, one
release), each of which gets it's own workspace.

I find using separate workspaces tends to lower memory usage and it's tidier
if you're trying to work on a multiple webapps.

Al.

---

  _____

[...]

by Raphael » Wed, 29 Apr 2009 01:11:07 GMT

 In a given workspace, the ADT plugin will automatically get started if
you have an Android project or if you open the android pref panel. And
yes it will complain if there's no SDK path set.

R/

Eclipse plugin 0.9

by Al Sutton » Wed, 29 Apr 2009 01:16:34 GMT

 The problem is there are no Android projects in the workspace.

If you want to see the problem try the following;

- Create a new workspace.
- In the new workspace create a new Java project.
- Once you've entered the Java project name and click next you'll see the
Android SDK Location has not been setup popup.

No Android projects or preference panels were touched in the creation of
this example.

Al.

---

* Written an Android App? - List it at  http://andappstore.com/  *

======
company number  6741909. The registered head office is Kemp House,
152-160 City Road, London,  EC1V 2NX, UK.

subsidiaries.

In a given workspace, the ADT plugin will automatically get started if you
have an Android project or if you open the android pref panel. And yes it
will complain if there's no SDK path set.

R/

workspace.

Eclipse plugin 0.9

by Raphael » Wed, 29 Apr 2009 08:02:44 GMT

 Agreed. Bug entered about it.
R/

Eclipse plugin 0.9

by Al Sutton » Wed, 29 Apr 2009 14:34:47 GMT

 hanks for confirming I haven't done something dumb with my Eclipse setup
:).

Al.

---