New OMX component integration into Opencore

by praji » Mon, 02 Aug 2010 14:38:27 GMT

 I am trying to integrate VP8 video codec into PV opencore FW in Froyo
& test at PV test application level.

I have done the following steps,

1. Made a new folder for vp8 @ external/opencore/codecs_v2/omx/
omx_vp8.
2. Made appropriate modifications in the omx_baseclass, omx_common
etc.
3. Modified the PV test app (external/opencore/codecs_v2/omx/
omx_testapp) for testing VP8.
4. included the VP8 source code to froyo.
5. Included new oscluuid for VP8

With these modifications, the build is fine. The shared libraries and
binaries are creating properly.
Also OMX-MasterInit is passing.

But the application fails at OMX_GetHandle(). *pHandle is coming as
zero.
I am using the PV OMX core. I am just adding a new codec which is not
supported by PV Opencore and test at PV test_app level.

Can you please answer my below queries:
1. Do we need to change the pvplayer.cfg file? Bcoz i am using the PC
omx_core itself.
2. Any other changes needs to be done for integrating a new component
into Opencore?

Please provide you valuable inputs.

Let me know if need any additional informations.

Thanks,
Prajeesh

--

New OMX component integration into Opencore

by Bikash jamwal » Fri, 17 Sep 2010 02:58:53 GMT

 hi Prajeesh

i am new to android . i am also trying to integrate new codec to pv
opencore . can u please give me detailed info what u have done so ..

thanks

Bikash

[...]

by nagaraj attimani » Mon, 20 Sep 2010 17:10:33 GMT

 OMX component should be registred with pvcore
check the pv omx component for more info

New OMX component integration into Opencore

by Shashank » Fri, 22 Oct 2010 05:02:12 GMT

 Guys,

Nagaraj is right. However available options are

1) Register your OMX Component into PV's OMX Core
    MPEG4, H264 codecs have already been integrated in PV OMX Core.
Use them as reference.

2) Define your own OMX Core, implement the core and integrate your OMX
Component into your Core.
    Can register your OMX Core during run time, using .cfg file.

regards
Shashank

On Sep 20, 2:10pm, nagaraj attimani <nagaraj.attim...@gmail.com>

Other Threads

1. pre compiler macro for andriod

Hi all...

I have a C++ code, which i am porting on Android.
This code actually made for Windows system. So, there are many Windows
specific header files are used.
So, i want to build same code on Android with conditional compilation
using OS bases pre processor macros.
As windows have WIN32 and Symbain nave __SYMBIAN32__. For Android,
what i can use????

website:

2. RelativeLayout breaks the paradigm of ViewGroup with onMeasure and onLayout

RelativeLayout does exactly what the documentation says it should be
doing. The size and position is are assigned in onLayout(). Here is
the code:

    @Override
    protected void onLayout(boolean changed, int l, int t, int r, int b) {
        //  The layout has actually already been performed and the positions
        //  cached.  Apply the cached values to the children.
        int count = getChildCount();

        for (int i = 0; i < count; i++) {
            View child = getChildAt(i);
            if (child.getVisibility() != GONE) {
                RelativeLayout.LayoutParams st =
                        (RelativeLayout.LayoutParams) child.getLayoutParams();
                child.layout(st.mLeft, st.mTop, st.mRight, st.mBottom);

It's just using cached values computed in onMeasure(), which does not
go against the concepts of ViewGroups as defined by the javadoc.

--
Romain Guy
Android framework engineer

to provide private support.  All such questions should be posted on

3. @ Android-Dev-Team: Request for AsyncTask.getThread() method

4. Getting Pixel color values of the canvas

5. Ok button on AlertDialog should work as back button

6. How to compile android project at command line

7. @ Android-Dev-Team: Request for AsyncTask.getThread() method