New OMX component integration into Opencore

by praji » Mon, 02 Aug 2010 14:38:27 GMT

 I am trying to integrate VP8 video codec into PV opencore FW in Froyo
& test at PV test application level.

I have done the following steps,

1. Made a new folder for vp8 @ external/opencore/codecs_v2/omx/
omx_vp8.
2. Made appropriate modifications in the omx_baseclass, omx_common
etc.
3. Modified the PV test app (external/opencore/codecs_v2/omx/
omx_testapp) for testing VP8.
4. included the VP8 source code to froyo.
5. Included new oscluuid for VP8

With these modifications, the build is fine. The shared libraries and
binaries are creating properly.
Also OMX-MasterInit is passing.

But the application fails at OMX_GetHandle(). *pHandle is coming as
zero.
I am using the PV OMX core. I am just adding a new codec which is not
supported by PV Opencore and test at PV test_app level.

Can you please answer my below queries:
1. Do we need to change the pvplayer.cfg file? Bcoz i am using the PC
omx_core itself.
2. Any other changes needs to be done for integrating a new component
into Opencore?

Please provide you valuable inputs.

Let me know if need any additional informations.

Thanks,
Prajeesh

--

New OMX component integration into Opencore

by Bikash jamwal » Fri, 17 Sep 2010 02:58:53 GMT

 hi Prajeesh

i am new to android . i am also trying to integrate new codec to pv
opencore . can u please give me detailed info what u have done so ..

thanks

Bikash

[...]

by nagaraj attimani » Mon, 20 Sep 2010 17:10:33 GMT

 OMX component should be registred with pvcore
check the pv omx component for more info

New OMX component integration into Opencore

by Shashank » Fri, 22 Oct 2010 05:02:12 GMT

 Guys,

Nagaraj is right. However available options are

1) Register your OMX Component into PV's OMX Core
    MPEG4, H264 codecs have already been integrated in PV OMX Core.
Use them as reference.

2) Define your own OMX Core, implement the core and integrate your OMX
Component into your Core.
    Can register your OMX Core during run time, using .cfg file.

regards
Shashank

On Sep 20, 2:10pm, nagaraj attimani <nagaraj.attim...@gmail.com>

Other Threads

1. Regarding email and phone number from contact

Hi,
       I am currently working on SDK 1.5 , and in my app i want to read the
phone number and email address of the person from contacts. I got the
solution to read phone no using following :
      phoneid =
phoneBookCursor.getInt(phoneBookCursor.getColumnIndex(People.PRIMARY_PHONE_ID));
and

   phoneno =
phoneBookCursor.getString(phoneBookCursor.getColumnIndex(People.NUMBER));

      But i couldnt found any way to read email id from cursor since
People.email is not available.

Is there any alternate way to do this?

Thanks,
Ameya

--

2. mohon bantuanya spica stlh upgrade ke eclair tidak muncul gprs/3g

Untuk IM2 memang ada bug APN dari eclair versi eropa (begitu juga dengan
operator "3")
Solusinya bsia dengan mempush file libsec-ril.so dari DXJC4 ke HH mas.

Untuk cara bisa dilihat di samsung-android.blogspot.com

3. Merubah Market Supaya Terlihat Semua ( Menjadi T-Mobile)

4. Warning!! WTPaging: yang beli motorola droid

5. MediaController in MediaPlayer

6. bahasa indonesia di email id-android

7. mohon bantuanya spica stlh upgrade ke eclair tidak muncul gprs/3g