Android Xml / Widget reference?

by Chris Smith (Quirk Software) » Mon, 02 Mar 2009 11:24:54 GMT

 Hey.

To be plain, the android / xml widget reference material is poor at
best.  Rather than approaching the controls from an xml point of view,
its all driven from a class point of view, which is clunky when you
want to figure out how to build a good xml UI.

Is there any decent documentation with design in mind (tag names,
attribute names, etc) or is it just figure it out and struggle through
the best you can?

I'm on my 2nd android app and losing patience with hunting and pecking
for the correct attributes / tags.

Any help would mean great appreciation from me and major karma in the
next life.

Android Xml / Widget reference?

by Romain Guy » Mon, 02 Mar 2009 11:56:10 GMT

 XML tags map to classes. Just look at the documentation of the control
you want and it should show the list of valid XML attributes at the
top with their Java API equivalent (for instance:
 http://developer.android.com/reference/android/widget/FrameLayout.html )

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 12:01 AM, Chris Smith (Quirk Software)

--
Romain Guy
Android framework engineer

to provide private support.  All such questions should be posted on

1. (WTI) Aplikasi Lockbot (pengganti trackball wake di froyo)

maaf kalo sudah pernah, cuma mau bagi info utk teman2 yg pake froyo dan
kangen dgn trackball wake
pakai aplikasi Lockbot (ogut download dari apktor), bisa trackball wake
utk unlock nya pun bisa random slide kiri ke kanan (normal android), slide
kiri ke kanan (iphone),
slide memutar kiri ke kanan, slide kiri ke kanan atas

regards,
teddy

2. intermezzo: iklan wave

Jepun ya wol?