Activity Background "Wallpaper" Size

by Fran Fitzpatrick » Wed, 02 Dec 2009 05:03:58 GMT

 Hey everyone,

I'm looking to make a background for my very simple "test" activity.
What is the best way to design the wallpaper? Dimension-wise.

Thanks,
Fran

--

Activity Background "Wallpaper" Size

by tinyang » Wed, 02 Dec 2009 09:31:04 GMT

 I designed mine for QVGA (320x240) and used 9patch (see link below) so that
my background image would scale well for different resolutions and
orientations.

 http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/tools/draw9patch.html

I'm looking to make a background for my very simple "test" activity.
What is the best way to design the wallpaper? Dimension-wise.

Thanks,
Fran

1. Dial pause character

Android V1.5 FW doesn't seem to have support for a pause character
when dialing a number.

I have tried #, P, W, ".", and even "," but none of these characters
have any impact on the dialing.

2. Maps API Key Signup page is down...

See:

Google
Error

Not Found

The requested URL /android/add-ons/google-apis/signup.html?
agreeTerms=1&fp=... was not found on this server.

3. startActivity(intent) and ActivityNotFoundException

4. Is it possible to theme the activity animation?

5. Strange Situation Debugging on G1

6. startActivity(intent) from Tab click works but Intent to class does not

7. How to launch ACTION_SENDTO intent with Intent.EXTRA_STREAM parameter