How to build C++ library within android build system

by kalikali » Wed, 02 Dec 2009 02:30:52 GMT

 Hi all,

As i know, android has a mini version support on C++ library. But I
have a third party source code that implement by C++ and use more
library than android support. How can I build the third party library
within android build system and work fine?  I try to modify make file
to build but fail in linking process, this just because i don't use
the --no-undefined parameter in compiler process. If I use the --no-
undefined parameter in compiler process, shared library can be built
out but fail in library loading process

Is there any one can give me a way to solve this problem?  I think
this kind of problem will confuse many android porting guys....

Best regards
Michael

--

How to build C++ library within android build system

by kalikali » Wed, 02 Dec 2009 02:31:04 GMT

 Hi all,

As i know, android has a mini version support on C++ library. But I
have a third party source code that implement by C++ and use more
library than android support. How can I build the third party library
within android build system and work fine?  I try to modify make file
to build but fail in linking process, this just because i don't use
the --no-undefined parameter in compiler process. If I use the --no-
undefined parameter in compiler process, shared library can be built
out but fail in library loading process

Is there any one can give me a way to solve this problem?  I think
this kind of problem will confuse many android porting guys....

Best regards
Michael

How to build C++ library within android build system

by RaviY » Wed, 02 Dec 2009 09:20:11 GMT

 Why don't you build and link everything that is not defined in
Anrdoid?
What are the libraries that you think are missing in Android?
More details would help you get a solution faster.

-Ravi

1. AndroidTestCase fails with dependency on third project

I assume you're developing under Eclipse.

I assument that the 3rd party library in your regular (i.e. non-test)
Android project is mentioned in your projects build-path.

I had a similar issue until i properly exported this 3rd party library
dependency:

Your project --> Properties --> Java Build Path : Order and Export
Select your 3rd party library whose classes you need to call in your
test-project.

This way, you don't need to add the 3rd party library to your test-
project's build-path. It'll use the exported one from your main
project under test.

--

2. ATTENTION: Android-Beginners will be permanently disabled on August 9 2010

   AP> Too many, I agree, but this one was "official", and was easily usable,
   AP> I would prefer a NNTP newsgroup, but a ml is good too.
   AP> A forum or a website? Not so...

This "mailing list", along with many, many others can be access via NNTP
using gmane.  Pretty much any mailing list I care to follow is on gmane
and, if it isn't, it be easily added.

--
Jake Colman -- Android Tinkerer

--

3. My Eclipse 3.5 always lag and have to force close - why?

4. Showing the writing keypad by default

5. Salam Kenal Newbie - HD2 Port

6. Android Developer 鈥?English S peaking

7. NFS error while booting kernel