How to add my application to the build process?

by Chih-Wei » Mon, 27 Apr 2009 16:25:57 GMT

I'd like to know is it possible to add my application to the build
process?
I mean, building my application by invoking 'make' on the top android
tree,
and put it into the generated image for testing.
Is there any guideline for it?
Thanks a lot!

How to add my application to the build process?

by heyunh...@gmail.com » Wed, 29 Apr 2009 01:36:05 GMT

 u maybe use "adb" tool.
ex. #adb install ur-application.apk
if u want to remove it,u can use
#adb shell rm <ur-application local path>+appliction-name.apk

How to add my application to the build process?

by Chih-Wei » Wed, 29 Apr 2009 10:34:09 GMT

 Thank you for the reply.
Yes, I know how to use adb to install an application by hand.
But I'm asking how to add an application to the build process.
I'd like to create a customized image containing my application.
Is that possible?
I think I can copy the directory of an existing application and
modify it. But I don't know which makefile I have to modify.

1. MediaPlayer callbacks not firing after calling prepareAsync() from a Service

Hi everyone,

I'm working on writing a small app that will stream mp3 files. I'm using the
NPR code, but having a strange problem with mediaPlayer.prepareAsync().

I'm using a trimmed down version of the
PlaybackService<https://code.google.com/p/npr-android-app/source/browse/trunk/Npr/src/org/npr/android/news/PlaybackService.java>from
 the NPR
app <https://code.google.com/p/npr-android-app/>, which is getting started
correctly. I am getting a reference to the service inside an OnClick handler
inside an Activity, and calling listen() with the URL to the MP3 stream. The
following code is from my PlaybackService:

public void listen(String url) throws IllegalArgumentException,
IllegalStateException, IOException {
    if (mediaPlayer == null) {
        mediaPlayer = new MediaPlayer();
    }
    mediaPlayer.setOnBufferingUpdateListener(this);
    mediaPlayer.setOnCompletionListener(this);
    mediaPlayer.setOnErrorListener(this);
    mediaPlayer.setOnInfoListener(this);
    mediaPlayer.setOnPreparedListener(this);
    synchronized (this) {
        mediaPlayer.setDataSource(url);
        mediaPlayer.setAudioStreamType(AudioManager.STREAM_MUSIC);
        mediaPlayer.prepareAsync();

// ... lots of other code

@Override
public void onPrepared(MediaPlayer mp) {
    Log.d(LOG_TAG, "Prepared");
    play();
}

I have the other callbacks defined as well. I can see from LogCat that the
MediaPlayer is loading the stream and buffering, as I see the following
messages:

AwesomePlayer  I  calling prefetcher->prepare()

AwesomePlayer  I  prefetcher is done preparing

But my onPrepared method never gets called. If I add a timer and try to call
play() on the MediaPlayer at some point after I see the above log messages,
the media players plays, so it is indeed entering into the Prepared state.

If I replace the call to prepareAsync() with prepare(), the player just
works. This is all on 2.2, which I have been reading seems to have some
issues, but the problem I'm having don't seem related, as the stream works
fine when prepare() is used.

I did notice that the Content-Length on the the stream is quite large
(450MB), but since I can call play on the Media Player without getting an
exception, it appears to be handlings this OK.

The only other change is that in the NPR app, the service is being bound to
and the playback started from inside a View object (while in my app, this
happens inside an Activity).

Any thoughts on what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks!

Jim

--

2. OOT: Salam kenal

Apa perlu gw Al yang ngeracunin bokap lu...jelek2 gini kan udah pernah puas
dapetin barang gw? Hahaha....

Gw kirim aja ya my hero...payment urusan belakangan...gw ganti lagi yang
baru...qkqkqk...

Sent from bebe