force orientation change?

by MMC2 » Wed, 02 Sep 2009 14:38:04 GMT

 Hi Jeffrey,

        Try       android:screenOrientation="portrait"      in the manifest.
Is your groovy logo a three dimension barcode?

Mike

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jeffrey Blattman
  To: android-beginners@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 2:30 PM
  Subject: [android-beginners] force orientation change?

  wondering if there is a way to force the screen orientation one way or the
other ... regardless of the phone's actual orientation.

  thanks.

force orientation change?

by ahmed mohamad » Thu, 03 Sep 2009 03:25:59 GMT

 i like how u got ur mail on upcode geeky

force orientation change?

by MMC2 » Fri, 04 Sep 2009 08:09:57 GMT

 Hi Jeffrey

      I previously sent you a reply with this line that you place in the
manifest.

android:screenOrientation="portrait"

I had only just found it and while trying to find out whether you can change
the orientation  by code while the program is running, I found some tips that
didn't work ,but after playing around with them I have got these two lines to
work in the main body of code.

setRequestedOrientation(ActivityInfo.SCREEN_ORIENTATION_PORTRAIT);

setRequestedOrientation(ActivityInfo.SCREEN_ORIENTATION_LANDSCAPE);

You will have to import  as follows

import android.content.pm.ActivityInfo;

It is really annoying that we have to search so much for such basic information
as this.

Good luck with your app

Mike