force orientation change?

by MMC2 » Wed, 02 Sep 2009 14:38:04 GMT

 Hi Jeffrey,

        Try       android:screenOrientation="portrait"      in the manifest.
Is your groovy logo a three dimension barcode?

Mike

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jeffrey Blattman
  To: android-beginners@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 2:30 PM
  Subject: [android-beginners] force orientation change?

  wondering if there is a way to force the screen orientation one way or the
other ... regardless of the phone's actual orientation.

  thanks.

force orientation change?

by ahmed mohamad » Thu, 03 Sep 2009 03:25:59 GMT

 i like how u got ur mail on upcode geeky

force orientation change?

by MMC2 » Fri, 04 Sep 2009 08:09:57 GMT

 Hi Jeffrey

      I previously sent you a reply with this line that you place in the
manifest.

android:screenOrientation="portrait"

I had only just found it and while trying to find out whether you can change
the orientation  by code while the program is running, I found some tips that
didn't work ,but after playing around with them I have got these two lines to
work in the main body of code.

setRequestedOrientation(ActivityInfo.SCREEN_ORIENTATION_PORTRAIT);

setRequestedOrientation(ActivityInfo.SCREEN_ORIENTATION_LANDSCAPE);

You will have to import  as follows

import android.content.pm.ActivityInfo;

It is really annoying that we have to search so much for such basic information
as this.

Good luck with your app

Mike

  wondering if there is a way to force the screen orientation one way or the
other ... regardless of the phone's actual orientation.

  thanks.

1. Before to reflash my device how i can backup/extract the actual firmware image ?

Hi,

Before to reflash my device, i wanna know if i can backup/extract the actual
firmware image (may i) ?

 Regards

Thierry GAYET
NextInnovation.org
+33(0)663.849.589

2. tabhost disappearing randomly

I have an application that has two tabs:
-First tab contains contacts
-Second tab contains chats

Some times when I select the second tab it dissapears and a black
background is shown.
This issue does't happen when the first tab is shown
You can find a picture of the issue here:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_2UoVsSnv2Gk/Sl8u2o-tvzI/AAAAAAAAAJc/RMUMfKUB7X4/s1600-h/chat.JPG
This issue happens randomly and i can't reproduce it consistenly.
Could you help me?

3. Method for flashing a device HTC G1 dev edition

4. DEVICE_POWER permission denied for using goToSleep

5. Kill a background thread onStop()?

6. What is the problem with my android: Unable to extract+optimize DEX from '/system/framework/ext.jar'

7. handeling StartActivityForResult on back button