force orientation change?

by MMC2 » Wed, 02 Sep 2009 14:38:04 GMT

 Hi Jeffrey,

        Try       android:screenOrientation="portrait"      in the manifest.
Is your groovy logo a three dimension barcode?

Mike

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jeffrey Blattman
  To: android-beginners@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 2:30 PM
  Subject: [android-beginners] force orientation change?

  wondering if there is a way to force the screen orientation one way or the
other ... regardless of the phone's actual orientation.

  thanks.

force orientation change?

by ahmed mohamad » Thu, 03 Sep 2009 03:25:59 GMT

 i like how u got ur mail on upcode geeky

force orientation change?

by MMC2 » Fri, 04 Sep 2009 08:09:57 GMT

 Hi Jeffrey

      I previously sent you a reply with this line that you place in the
manifest.

android:screenOrientation="portrait"

I had only just found it and while trying to find out whether you can change
the orientation  by code while the program is running, I found some tips that
didn't work ,but after playing around with them I have got these two lines to
work in the main body of code.

setRequestedOrientation(ActivityInfo.SCREEN_ORIENTATION_PORTRAIT);

setRequestedOrientation(ActivityInfo.SCREEN_ORIENTATION_LANDSCAPE);

You will have to import  as follows

import android.content.pm.ActivityInfo;

It is really annoying that we have to search so much for such basic information
as this.

Good luck with your app

Mike

  wondering if there is a way to force the screen orientation one way or the
other ... regardless of the phone's actual orientation.

  thanks.

1. image with panning and zooming

hi,

I would like a minimal sample android app that can display an image (bigger
than the screen size) and allow it to pan and zoom. is there an example for
the same.
Thanks in advance for any inputs.

Zaheer

--

2. How to code ContactsContract so that it runs in 2.2 and doesn't crash 1.5?

Thanks Kostya,

I have grasped that now and have it working in one part of my application.

I have another problem now though.

I have this in code:

Uri contactUri = ContentUris.withAppendedId
(Contacts.People.CONTENT_URI, contactId);

Intent intent = new Intent(Intent.ACTION_VIEW, contactUri);
startActivity(intent);

This launchs the contacts application and displays the contact according to
the ID supplied, this works in all Android versions except 2.2 (API level 8)
and I cant find the equivalant code for 2.2.

I have tried ContactsContract.PhoneLookup, ContactsContract.Contact,
ContactsContract.CommonDataKinds but none of them seem to let me launch the
contacts application and dispaly a contacts info according to a supplied ID.

Can anyone help with this?

3. Samsung Extravaganza plus plus on Mirdak Yogya @Starbucks Amplaz dimulai jam 16:00 hari Rab

4. How does the Marketplace app widget use a ViewFlipper? (or a fading view)

5. Driver for USB device

6. INTENT_SEND and attached files

7. Sharedpreference info get overwritten each time I did a version update?