force orientation change?

by MMC2 » Wed, 02 Sep 2009 14:38:04 GMT

 Hi Jeffrey,

        Try       android:screenOrientation="portrait"      in the manifest.
Is your groovy logo a three dimension barcode?

Mike

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jeffrey Blattman
  To: android-beginners@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 2:30 PM
  Subject: [android-beginners] force orientation change?

  wondering if there is a way to force the screen orientation one way or the
other ... regardless of the phone's actual orientation.

  thanks.

force orientation change?

by ahmed mohamad » Thu, 03 Sep 2009 03:25:59 GMT

 i like how u got ur mail on upcode geeky

force orientation change?

by MMC2 » Fri, 04 Sep 2009 08:09:57 GMT

 Hi Jeffrey

      I previously sent you a reply with this line that you place in the
manifest.

android:screenOrientation="portrait"

I had only just found it and while trying to find out whether you can change
the orientation  by code while the program is running, I found some tips that
didn't work ,but after playing around with them I have got these two lines to
work in the main body of code.

setRequestedOrientation(ActivityInfo.SCREEN_ORIENTATION_PORTRAIT);

setRequestedOrientation(ActivityInfo.SCREEN_ORIENTATION_LANDSCAPE);

You will have to import  as follows

import android.content.pm.ActivityInfo;

It is really annoying that we have to search so much for such basic information
as this.

Good luck with your app

Mike

  wondering if there is a way to force the screen orientation one way or the
other ... regardless of the phone's actual orientation.

  thanks.

1. Como descargarse proyectos free de Android Market

Hola,
estoy interesada en descargarme o ver el codigo de alguna aplicacion
de Android Market (free),
alguien sabe si se puede hacer eso??

Un saludo y gracias

2. Which cpu?

i want to work on new hardware. But i cant found on internet mobile
cpu comparision information.

3. How to add a new library to android source

4. running hello world application

5. ALSA Waiting for sevice media.audio_flinger

6. Getting driving directions from application

7. How to Start application On-Install