Tool to create UI

by radhika.sathyanarayana » Wed, 14 May 2008 10:07:31 GMT

I found it. May be many of u know it already.
Jus for those who are not aware.

Please visit  http://www.droiddraw.org/

Regards
Radhika

-----Original Message-----
From: android-developers@googlegroups.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 3:09 PM
To: android-developers@googlegroups.com
Subject: [android-developers] [android-developers]

Hi...........

Is there any tool to create the UI in android which automatically
creates the XML code if we place a component?

Regards,
Radhika

1. OpenGL ES Game structure

Hello there,

I have some experience with normal views and things for android (I
have an app in the market) and I've been programming for a while
(Java, C#, made some XNA stuff), but I've never really touched OpenGL
until recently.  I'm working on my own game engine to make things
easier for future games I'm planning on making.  The only problem is
drawing things on a SurfaceView doesn't seem to get the results I
desire (aka, low frame rates with only 10-20 objects on screen).

So I'm looking into converting all the graphics part of the engine to
OpenGL ES.  I cannot for the life of me figure out where to throw the
code in though.  I followed this guy's tutorials for a bit to get a
feel for it:

http://www.droidnova.com/android-3d-game-tutorial-part-i,312.html

Here's how my engine is structured (without OpenGL):
- I have the main activity, which handles built in android menu stuff
and then I set the content view to my GameView.
- The GameView (SurfaceView) class also has a GameThread that does all
the game updates and input/drawing/sound.
- Then other stuff like a Sprite/Pawn/Player class etc.

I noticed in the OpenGL tutorial I followed that the Renderer runs in
its own thread.  I haven't had to deal too much with threading yet but
I do know that it takes some work for threads to communicate with each
other properly etc.  Do I need to eliminate the GameThread I had going
and throw all the code in a Renderer?  I'm kind of stumped.  Any help
would be appreciated.

2. Instructions to install Android on Netbook

OK, I am also CC android-x86 and I found the instructions :

http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote_1_6

I will test it on Acer Aspire one D250-1962 Netbook.

Thank you,
--
Jaswinder Singh.

>> website:

3. How to get a reference of the "parent" Activity

4. Eclair AOSP2.4 with Camera

5. Using ListView without ListActivity

6. Eclipse Debugger

7. Rules Engine for Android