Development phones question

by Tommy » Sat, 03 Jul 2010 01:25:27 GMT

 Hey,

I was wondering if someone could tell me if there is a way I can
hardware unlock my android phone like the dev phones are hardware
unlocked. I don't really have the money to spend on a dev phone but it
would be nice to be able to load other versions of android on so I can
test things if needed.

Thanks for your time and input,

Tommy

--

Development phones question

by asicwizard » Sat, 03 Jul 2010 04:37:00 GMT

 The Nexus One bootloader is unlockable with the 'fastboot oem unlock'
command.
The Google Android team uses it for platform development and
encourages contributions to the Android Open Source Project. Have fun.

Development phones question

by QR » Sat, 03 Jul 2010 08:53:19 GMT

  http://forum.xda-developers.com/ has information on " ;rooting" most HTC
android devices, while  http://www.droidforums.net/ covers most
Motorola devices. Rooting a device allows you to install the
engineering bootloader found on dev phones and flash versions of
android that are not signed with the production keys. This is not
provided by or in any way affiliated with Google. This will void your
warranty. That said, I rooted my G1 on day one, and have been very
happy with the increased functionality of my device.

Because of the lack of specificity in your post (no phone model,
manufacturer, or android version), I can't be any more helpful than
this. In the future, please be more specific in your questions.

--

Development phones question

by Tommy » Sat, 03 Jul 2010 14:35:22 GMT

 Ok great thanks for the help!

Motorola devices. Rooting a device allows you to install the
engineering bootloader found on dev phones and flash versions of
android that are not signed with the production keys. This is not
provided by or in any way affiliated with Google. This will void your
warranty. That said, I rooted my G1 on day one, and have been very
happy with the increased functionality of my device.

Because of the lack of specificity in your post (no phone model,
manufacturer, or android version), I can't be any more helpful than
this. In the future, please be more specific in your questions.

1. com.google.android.AbstractGDataSyncAdapter

Does anybody know where is this class defined in the source tree? -
Search turns up nothing. Is it not released in java source?

- Wen

2. How to open the keyboard in emulator?

Hi all,

when I trying to use the short message feature in emulator, I found I
cannot input anything.

"open keyboard to compose message" is shown on the display. It looks
like the keyboard has not been enabled.

Could you help me to know how to enable the keyboard?

Thanks

B.R.
Shadow

3. How can I add a jar file to android app?

4. developer needed to write a theme application

5. Android Dev Phone detail?

6. Documents for Opencore

7. How to run application at boot up