Development phones question

by Tommy » Sat, 03 Jul 2010 01:25:27 GMT

 Hey,

I was wondering if someone could tell me if there is a way I can
hardware unlock my android phone like the dev phones are hardware
unlocked. I don't really have the money to spend on a dev phone but it
would be nice to be able to load other versions of android on so I can
test things if needed.

Thanks for your time and input,

Tommy

--

Development phones question

by asicwizard » Sat, 03 Jul 2010 04:37:00 GMT

 The Nexus One bootloader is unlockable with the 'fastboot oem unlock'
command.
The Google Android team uses it for platform development and
encourages contributions to the Android Open Source Project. Have fun.

Development phones question

by QR » Sat, 03 Jul 2010 08:53:19 GMT

  http://forum.xda-developers.com/ has information on " ;rooting" most HTC
android devices, while  http://www.droidforums.net/ covers most
Motorola devices. Rooting a device allows you to install the
engineering bootloader found on dev phones and flash versions of
android that are not signed with the production keys. This is not
provided by or in any way affiliated with Google. This will void your
warranty. That said, I rooted my G1 on day one, and have been very
happy with the increased functionality of my device.

Because of the lack of specificity in your post (no phone model,
manufacturer, or android version), I can't be any more helpful than
this. In the future, please be more specific in your questions.

--

Development phones question

by Tommy » Sat, 03 Jul 2010 14:35:22 GMT

 Ok great thanks for the help!

Motorola devices. Rooting a device allows you to install the
engineering bootloader found on dev phones and flash versions of
android that are not signed with the production keys. This is not
provided by or in any way affiliated with Google. This will void your
warranty. That said, I rooted my G1 on day one, and have been very
happy with the increased functionality of my device.

Because of the lack of specificity in your post (no phone model,
manufacturer, or android version), I can't be any more helpful than
this. In the future, please be more specific in your questions.

1. how to enumerate all character sets supported by android platform?

Hi All,

I want to know all the names of character sets(as know as "character
encoding") that are available on the android platform, I searched that
how to enumerate it but didn't find.

Anyone knows how to do it?Thanks.

Droy

2. CPhone To Rival OPhone, iPhone

Operator lokal kalau bundling android dg nama KlePhone mungkin laku kali
yah, sebab namanya indonesia dan familiar banget..hehehehehe.

CPhone To <http://phandroid.com/2009/09/21/cphone-to-rival-ophone-iphone/>
Rival OPhone, iPhone

by Rob <http://phandroid.com/2009/09/21/cphone-to-rival-ophone-iphone/>
Jackson on September 21st, 2009

*

China Unicom will have Apple's iPhone. China Mobile has their Android-based
Open Mobile System phone dubbed OPhone. Now China Telecom could acquire a
phone/platform based on Android and created by Access called CPhone:

access_cphone

Interesting UI. ClonedInChina
<http://www.clonedinchina.com/2009/09/access-android-mobile-cphone-at-pt-net
work-comm-china.html>  called it "cartoon style" while Engadget
<http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2009/09/21/access-and-china-telecom-in-talks-
to-launch-cphone-custom-androi/>  was a little more liberal with their
criticism, insinuating it was created by drunk people. The Access CPhone
comes with Android 1.5 and apparently the media are already calling it an
OPhone killer. Funny how they just glazed right over that "i" one isn't it?

Also interesting that they chose a consonant instead of a vowel to precede
"phone" - maybe that is the differentiation they were seeking? The only
vowels remaining are A, E, U and Y if you accept it as a vowel. APhone,
EPhone, UPhone, YPhone? I would take the "E" over "C" any day and the "A"
and "Y" just seem plain silly. Does the "C" even stand for something? China?
China Telecom? Or am I missing something here?