Development phones question

by Tommy » Sat, 03 Jul 2010 01:25:27 GMT

 Hey,

I was wondering if someone could tell me if there is a way I can
hardware unlock my android phone like the dev phones are hardware
unlocked. I don't really have the money to spend on a dev phone but it
would be nice to be able to load other versions of android on so I can
test things if needed.

Thanks for your time and input,

Tommy

--

Development phones question

by asicwizard » Sat, 03 Jul 2010 04:37:00 GMT

 The Nexus One bootloader is unlockable with the 'fastboot oem unlock'
command.
The Google Android team uses it for platform development and
encourages contributions to the Android Open Source Project. Have fun.

Development phones question

by QR » Sat, 03 Jul 2010 08:53:19 GMT

  http://forum.xda-developers.com/ has information on " ;rooting" most HTC
android devices, while  http://www.droidforums.net/ covers most
Motorola devices. Rooting a device allows you to install the
engineering bootloader found on dev phones and flash versions of
android that are not signed with the production keys. This is not
provided by or in any way affiliated with Google. This will void your
warranty. That said, I rooted my G1 on day one, and have been very
happy with the increased functionality of my device.

Because of the lack of specificity in your post (no phone model,
manufacturer, or android version), I can't be any more helpful than
this. In the future, please be more specific in your questions.

--

Development phones question

by Tommy » Sat, 03 Jul 2010 14:35:22 GMT

 Ok great thanks for the help!

Motorola devices. Rooting a device allows you to install the
engineering bootloader found on dev phones and flash versions of
android that are not signed with the production keys. This is not
provided by or in any way affiliated with Google. This will void your
warranty. That said, I rooted my G1 on day one, and have been very
happy with the increased functionality of my device.

Because of the lack of specificity in your post (no phone model,
manufacturer, or android version), I can't be any more helpful than
this. In the future, please be more specific in your questions.

1. WebView pre-executing JavaScript before loading a page

Hi,
I would like to a WebView to run some JavaScript before loading the
rest of the page.
This JavaScript should run in the same context of the page, just as if
extra <script> content were added before any other <script> content.

This is not possible with addJavascriptInterface() since I want to set
up some instance variables, before the page scripts are run, so that
the page scripts can use them.

Is this possible?
Thanks!

--

2. Android Market Developer Console Bugs IS NOT WORKING properly for me.

I have trouble with this feature.

Data there are inconsistent!. On dashboard I have TWO new bugs. Going
down I see one NEW and one OLD. When I click on NEW link I see one OLD
only. When I go down I see bug marked as OLD.

More info for Android Market developers: application:
net.hubalek.android.worldclock, Exception class
java.lang.NullPointerException Source method
WorldClockWidget.onReceive()

Fixing this would be really appreciated.

Thanks
Tom

P.S. Is there any official way how to report bugs like this?

--

3. Section Indexer Overlay not updating as Adapters data changes

4. Inside WebView class addJavaScriptInterface() method is calling in reverse order when I have two calling stmts.

5. Android x86?

6. Froyo buat Hero uda release ya

7. Android 2.2 MediaPlayer Woes