Issue after adding a new jar's path to BOOTCLASSPATH in init.rc

by Tiger » Sat, 27 Feb 2010 01:32:34 GMT

 After adding my audio.jar's path to BOOTCLASSPATH in init.rc, Zygote
got an error and crashed:
    I/dalvikvm(  823): DexOpt: not all deps represented
    E/dalvikvm(  823): /system/framework/audio.jar odex has stale
dependencies
    I/dalvikvm(  823): Zip is good, but no classes.dex inside, and no
valid .odex file in the same directory
Does anyone encounter this issue?Sincerely appreciate your help.

--

Issue after adding a new jar's path to BOOTCLASSPATH in init.rc

by fadden » Sat, 27 Feb 2010 05:06:16 GMT

The optimized DEX files have inter-file dependencies.  All .odex files
depend on the bootstrap class entries, so if you add or remove entries
from the bootclasspath you must re-run dexopt over all files.

This happens automatically on -userdebug and -eng developer builds,
but -user builds don't have the un-optimized versions of the APKs
sitting around.  So it just falls over.

The best plan is to leave bootclasspath alone.

See also dalvik/docs/dexopt.html in the source tree.

1. java.lang.ExceptionInInitializererror

Hi,

Can any one please help to resolve the above error. Also can any one
please clarify whether we can unit test j2me methods

I am trying to call J2ME APIs in one of the test methods of
Instrumentation TestCase.

I have modified the dx source code such that it converts j2me jars to
dalvik format during runtime.

package android.jsr.tests;

import android.test.InstrumentationTestCase;
import javax.microedition.lcdui.DateField;

public class MIDPTest extends InstrumentationTestCase {
        //@Override
        protected void setUp() {
                // TODO Auto-generated method stub
                try {
                        super.setUp();
                } catch (Exception e) {
                        // TODO Auto-generated catch block
                        e.printStackTrace();
        public void testMIDP() {
                DateField dt= new DateField("MIDP",DateField.DATE);
                System.out.println("Testing JSR MIDP 2.0"+dt.getLabel());

Below is the stack trace of the error.

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

at android.jsr.cts.MIDPTest.testMIDP(MIDPTest.java:23)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
at
android.test.InstrumentationTestCase.runMethod(InstrumentationTestCase.java:
205)
at
android.test.InstrumentationTestCase.runTest(InstrumentationTestCase.java:
195)
at android.test.AndroidTestRunner.runTest(AndroidTestRunner.java:169)
at android.test.AndroidTestRunner.runTest(AndroidTestRunner.java:154)
at
android.test.InstrumentationTestRunner.onStart(InstrumentationTestRunner.java:
444)
at android.app.Instrumentation
$InstrumentationThread.run(Instrumentation.java:1447)

Caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at javax.microedition.lcdui.Item.<clinit>(Item.java:611)
... 14 more
Caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at javax.microedition.lcdui.Displayable.<clinit>(Displayable.java:116)
... 15 more
Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: init
at javax.microedition.lcdui.Font.init(Native Method)
at javax.microedition.lcdui.Font.<init>(Font.java:198)
at javax.microedition.lcdui.Font.<clinit>(Font.java:465)
... 16 more

--

2. Want to access a method of an application from different application

What about make the function as a service?