does the cell id is unique?

by E.D.I » Thu, 17 Apr 2008 13:48:47 GMT

 i wonder if i can use the cell id as an ident in a DB on a server...

does the cell id is unique?

by Rui Martins » Thu, 17 Apr 2008 17:23:36 GMT

 Cell ID identifies the current GSM cell where the mobile phone is
using.

Many phones can be using the same cell !

Your phone only uses one cell at once, but can negotiate data with
more than one, when doing transfer from one cell to the other.

Cell IDs, as far as I known can be reused in different countries.

So it's probably not suited to what you need.

does the cell id is unique?

by [EMAIL PROTECTED] » Thu, 17 Apr 2008 21:34:42 GMT

 Not sure if is available through Android, but you could use IMEI or
the phone number to identify the phone (the best one will be the IMEI
since is unique)

-fr4gus

does the cell id is unique?

by [EMAIL PROTECTED] » Fri, 18 Apr 2008 17:03:18 GMT

 You should be able to build a longer string with country and carrier
and cell id that is unique.

1. Which View/Layout does the Market app (1.6) details activity use?

Having rows that should be selectable screams "use ListView" to me,
because rolling that yourself could be messy.

Whether you use MergeAdapter or your own custom BaseAdapter is up to
you. Your own custom adapter class gives you more control; MergeAdapter
is plug-and-play.

BTW, if you elect to use MergeAdapter and have questions, please join
the [cw-android] Google Group and post the questions there -- no sense
in cluttering up this list.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_The Busy Coder's Guide to Android Development_ Version 3.0
Available!

--

2. Fwd: Power button functionality (sleep/resume/wakeup)

To list

-- Ashwin