Other Languages?

by [EMAIL PROTECTED] » Wed, 08 Oct 2008 17:29:11 GMT

 Is it possible to use ther languages, such as python, perl, C/++,
&c. ?
Also, ASM? What processor does the G1 use and how would ASM work on
it?
-R@

Other Languages?

by Mark Murphy » Wed, 08 Oct 2008 17:53:02 GMT

For with the SDK, languages work only if they have a Java-based
implementation that works on the Dalvik VM. Of the ones you list, Jython
is the only candidate, and I am not certain if it works on Android.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
 http://commonsware.com

Android Training on the Ranch! -- Mar 16-20, 2009
 http://www.bignerdranch.com/schedule.shtml

Other Languages?

by Breno T. Minzon » Wed, 08 Oct 2008 20:07:05 GMT

 Yes, you can use other languages, such as C++.. But you will need to use
JNI...try to avoid it, because it's kind of complicated, but works...and
very well. Take a look in this link

 http://davanum.wordpress.com/2007/12/09/android-invoke-jni-based-methods-bridging-cc-and-java/

Regards

Breno