How often does gmail sync on the G1?

by Troglodad » Sun, 15 Mar 2009 13:13:17 GMT

 I am used to Outlook Express where I can set the interval for how
often my PC checks for new emails. I can't find an adjustable variable
for gmail on my phone or the website- just an "autosync" option. (I'd
like to check once every hour)

Does the phone notify me, when set on auto, as soon as an email comes
in?

Does it actively check with the server every minute or something-
thereby running down a lot more battery power?

Are there any apps to set the interval for email checking?

How often does gmail sync on the G1?

by Jean-Baptiste Queru » Sun, 15 Mar 2009 13:29:57 GMT

 It is pushed from the server, not polled by the client, so there's no
fundamental notion of a sync interval. The "only" cost of the system
is that of keeping a TCP socket open, which is reasonably low.

JBQ

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Android Engineer, Google.

warning.

1. Re[2]: Android Experience With ACER Liquid E

Dengan bahasa penulisan yang sama gokilnya, beberapa tahun lalu Pak Amil
berhak memboyong Asus EEE gratis. Tepatnya tahun berapa ya, Pak?
Pokoknya saat Asus EEE generasi pertama muncul deh.

Ketika itu, kebetulan saya menjadi salah satu jurinya.

Salam,

Herry SW

On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 14:26:08 +0700

2. Mohon Bantuan.......

Itu ada notifikasinya kalo anda salah masukin username / password mungkin.
Mohon bersabar untuk beberapa saat dan coba lg..

CMIIW