SOS: Please Help: IMport SMS from XML file to G1

by babeinwoods » Sat, 07 Feb 2009 02:19:39 GMT

 Alright, folks, I was a WM5 user - TMobile MDA (in UK TMobile MDA
Vario), and I switched to Android (TMobile G1)

There are some important messages that I want to keep (i.e. transfer
from MDA to G1). But as HTC (makers of MDA)'s website says, there's no
way of synching SMSs with PC...that there is no way to import/export
SMSs from HTC phones.

Well, thanks to  http://wince.nasenbaeren.net/smsimport I have been
able to extract the SMSs from the MDA to my PC in XML format.

The syntax of the XML is:
- <SMSExport>
  - <store name="SMS">
    - <folder name="Deleted Items">
      <message date="mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss" sender=""Name"
<#############>" recipient="#############">Message body</message>
      <message date="mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss" sender=""Name"
<#############>" recipient="#############">Message body</message>
    </folder>
  </store>
</SMSExport>

Now, for the next part of the project: how do I import SMSs from this
file onto my G1? Please help!

Many thanks!

1. Android App developed by third part but no instruction provided.

Hello!

I hired a company in Germany to produce a app with a database and an
exe program that will allow me to update the app. I have no
programming skills and wasn't aware that I needed to do something
after the app was updated in order for the new updates to appear in
new apk. Is there a tutorial on how to do this?

--

2. "adb shell" command gives very inconsistent results

Thank you very much for your response.

I will try your suggestions.

Making sure I have an up-to-date version of adb and all of the other tools is a
good idea.

Can you please tell me how to go about doing that?

-Chris