sluggishness of G1 android

by Lehel Kovach » Thu, 25 Dec 2008 16:26:01 GMT

 i notice that sometimes the os on my G1 starts slowing down.  not sure what
the major causes of that is.  if anyone can point me in the right direction,
it would be much appreicated.

sluggishness of G1 android

by Mike Wolfson » Tue, 30 Dec 2008 00:18:38 GMT

 I was having the same problem.  This is likely a memory leak caused by
one of the applications you are running (which you could try to figure
out using a variety of methods).

Simplest way to fix this is to "reboot" the computer (ie. G1).
Easiest way to power-cycle the phone is to hold down the home, and
power button together.  After a few seconds, the screen will ask you
if you want to power down the phone.  Select yes.

This will fix your sluggishness, but in order to eliminate it (which
might be close to impossible if you wish to continue to run
applications), you will need to discover what is causing the problem
in the first case (which is a whole other discussion).

sluggishness of G1 android

by madcoder » Tue, 30 Dec 2008 19:29:13 GMT

 You can actually just hold down the power button, there's no need to
hold both home and power buttons at the same time.

This also gives you the option for silent mode so you don't have to go
to settings to select it.

Mike, good advice on identifying the leaking application.

sluggishness of G1 android

by Justin Collum » Wed, 31 Dec 2008 04:00:47 GMT

 I notice this behavior when I have more than 2 or 3 browser windows open.

sluggishness of G1 android

by Lehel Kovach » Fri, 02 Jan 2009 13:47:09 GMT

 is there a market app that is a system monitor?  i'd like to see if its a
market app i downloaded or some other process that is allocating too much
memory...

1. problems with the usage of sdcard iso in android sdk 1.6

You now need to request the permission to write the SD card.

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

answer them.