Replace dialer application by installing another dialer app

by rt » Mon, 14 Jun 2010 21:48:04 GMT

 oes anyone know if since the last posting on this thread (Aug. 2009)
future Android releases have made the dialer app
more modular? That is, one can more easily replace it with a
downloadable dialer app.

I recall that at the time, some of the challenges of overwriting the
native dialer had to do with the fact that it runs
in the same process as the telephony framework and the APIs between
the two where not exposed publicly.

Thanks,
Reli

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dianne Hackborn <hack...@android.com>
Date: Aug 27 2009, 3:00pm
Subject: Replace dialer application by installing another dialer app
To: Android Developers

Sorry, you can't override the missed call icon. It is actually a
carrier
requirement that it work the way it does (the telephony system posts
the
icon based on voicemail status information from the network).

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 1:33 AM, TAKEphONE <shimo...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

provide private support, and so won't reply to such e-mails. All such
questions should be posted on public forums, where I and others can
see and
answer them.

1. perbedaan HH di charger dalam keadaan mati dan hidu

As subject
Kalo disaya qo yang charger dalam ke adaan hidup battery cepet abis, baru 1
jam cabut charger battery battery sisa 80%

2. install a kernel image

Hi,

I need to use a specific image of the kernel, so I use "fastboot boot
zImage" to install it on the phone, but everytime I turn off the
phone, I lose it and I have to install it again. Is any way to not
reinstall the kernel every time the phone is rebooted?