Definite need for a Cupcake SDK & release details.

by Romain Guy » Fri, 03 Apr 2009 15:58:33 GMT

 The layout is actually working.

However, Cupcake has new assets for buttons (and other widgets) and it
happens that the minimum width of the buttons has changed. I don't
know how you set up your layout but it looks like you were relying on
that minimum size to get all the buttons aligned (which would be bad
since such a layout would break anyway on devices with different
resolutions and/or densities, but that's another topic.)

--
Romain Guy
Android framework engineer

to provide private support.  All such questions should be posted on

Definite need for a Cupcake SDK & release details.

by Al Sutton » Fri, 03 Apr 2009 16:12:54 GMT

 omain,

I accept that it may not have been the best way of doing it, but my main
point is that many developers have absolutely no way of checking for
problems like this.

Now I am fortunate in that my company has a Linux machine that I can
download and build the SDK on, but I suspect there are many developers who
are either coding on Windows and don't have a spare machine to install Linux
on and build a cupcake SDK, or may not have the resources to download the
sources from git and run a full build.

Even I can't fully test my apps because the Linux box is a headless server,
and running the cupcake emulator images in the 1.1 SDK emulator installed on
the Windows desktops we have here does not bring networking up.

So please, please, please, can we have either a windows SDK, a method of
building a windows SDK, or something that will let us test our apps in
cupcake.

Al.

---

* Written an Android App? - List it at http://andappstore.com/ *

======
company number 6741909. The registered head office is Kemp House,
152-160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX, UK.

subsidiaries.