How global is the app market?

by Neilz » Thu, 10 Jun 2010 02:27:34 GMT

 Hi. I'm UK based and I'm wondering how much of the world can see and
download my apps from the market?

For example, the chinese market, which I believe is quite large, can
they see UK or US based apps? Or does some kind of specific
translation need to be done for this to happen? Or is it a separate
market place?

Thanks.

--

How global is the app market?

by Ken » Thu, 10 Jun 2010 04:23:59 GMT

 While I can't speak for other countries, I know people can't find my
app in the Chinese Android Market. A user from Germany told me that he
couldn't see the app either because it's set to copy-restricted due to
some 2.1 glitches.

How global is the app market?

by 妤婂仴 » Thu, 10 Jun 2010 09:30:51 GMT

 You must register your application to mmarket of
ChinaMobile( http://www.mmarket.com/ ).

Hi. I'm UK based and I'm wondering how much of the world can see and
download my apps from the market?

For example, the chinese market, which I believe is quite large, can
they see UK or US based apps? Or does some kind of specific
translation need to be done for this to happen? Or is it a separate
market place?

Thanks.

--

How global is the app market?

by NightGospel » Thu, 10 Jun 2010 11:28:37 GMT

 Hi Neilz,

Be one of Asian people, AFAIK, mainland China people they have market
their own, it's name is ""(Translation to English is "Android
Market"). Because Google doesn't open Asian area (except for Japan) to
let developers upload paid softwares, they are out of patience and
create one market to play. Their android market has many very qulified
and full-idea softwares I've never seen. But one drawback is that many
of them are Simplified-Chinese only. :(

Their forum:  http://hiapk.com/bbs/

NightGospel

--

How global is the app market?

by ko5tik » Thu, 10 Jun 2010 17:32:09 GMT

 Those markets aare cool,

but without chinese knowlege there is no chance to put apps there...

--

How global is the app market?

by Sean Hodges » Thu, 10 Jun 2010 17:54:32 GMT

 I agree, it's a little tricky to use a Chinese language-only site
when, like me, you are not able to read Chinese. I admit, it's
completely my fault that I'm not multilingual, but there are many like
me and it is a barrier for both sides.

Also, even if I could navigate my way around the site, would the users
of these app markets want their results filled with non-translated
English apps?

I've had a number of people email me offering to translate my app and
put it on their markets, but unfortunately they only point me to their
non-English site and I can't make head nor tail of it. I usually just
avoid replying because I can't tell if what they are offering is
legitimate.

My suggestion to anyone wanting to successfully offer international
app markets, app translations, and improve the global market for
Android in general: Build an multi-language site explaining what you
do, and advertise it prominently in your email correspondence. I'd be
happy to help out in some small way (proof reading the English
translations, etc), but I think significant effort will be required to
make this a success.

How global is the app market?

by 妤婂仴 » Thu, 10 Jun 2010 18:15:25 GMT

 Is it really? I think the mmarket is the only one official market of China!
You can put your paid version app on mmarket now.