Cant view images

by myIP » Fri, 23 Jan 2009 09:31:02 GMT

 When I try to view an image (any image) in the emulator, I get a pop-
up with the following message:

"Sorry!  The application Camera (process com.android.camera) has
stopped unexpectedly.  Please try again."

Again, all I am trying to do is view an image.  Any suggestions?

Cant view images

by Mark Murphy » Fri, 23 Jan 2009 09:39:06 GMT

Could you define "view an image"? What exactly are you doing?

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
 http://commonsware.com

Android Training on the Ranch! -- Mar 16-20, 2009
 http://www.bignerdranch.com/schedule.shtml

Cant view images

by myIP » Sat, 24 Jan 2009 04:15:44 GMT

 I mounted a SD card in the emulator; using the following command:
emulator -sdcard <file>

And then pushed JPEG images to it; using the following command:
adb push <local> <remote>

I am able to view these image's *thumbnails* fine in the Picture
application.  However, when I click on the thumbnail to view the
image, the emulator fails and attaches the pop-up I mentioned in my
original post.

Cant view images

by myIP » Sat, 24 Jan 2009 04:40:56 GMT

 Errr.  Now I get this error message in Eclipse's Console when I try to
run my application.

"... Failed to upload Zeal Project.apk on 'emulator-5554': No space
left on device"

I only have one third party application installed on the emulator and
23MB of pictures on a 1gig SD card.

Cant view images

by OCS » Sun, 01 Feb 2009 08:10:54 GMT

 have the same problem. push the images into the sdcard . Can see the
thumbviews but when click to view the image the emulator crash saying
"Camera(process com.android.camera) has stopped unexpectedly.".
Happens even when clicking  menu->settings.

anyone has an idea?

thanks

Cant view images

by myIP » Tue, 03 Feb 2009 01:39:02 GMT

 The culprit, 'Android SDK: android-sdk-windows-1.0_r2'.
The solution, use 'Android SDK: android-sdk-windows-1.0_r1'.

I just downloaded 'release 1', and placed it in the same directory as
'release 2'.  Then changed my setting in Eclipse and now I am able to
view the images.

Unless I didn't configure r2 or I am unaware of its limitations; then
in my opinion, it is the culprit until proven otherwise.

Cant view images

by zeeshan » Fri, 06 Mar 2009 05:23:41 GMT

 Hi,
i am having the same problem as well.

actually i need to use crop funtion for my images,

here is some of my code:

Intent i = new Intent("com.android.camera.action.CROP");
i.setClassName("com.android.camera","com.android.camera.CropImage");

it is giving me exception, Camera(process com.android.camera) has
stopped unexpectedly, later i realised when i try to view any image in
the Pictures directory, it gives me the same error.

is this problem in sdk release 2?

plz advise

Cant view images

by zeeshan » Fri, 06 Mar 2009 05:23:42 GMT

 Hi,
i am having the same error when i try to open any image in the
Pictures directory.

i actually want crop funtion like

Intent i = new Intent("com.android.camera.action.CROP");
i.setClassName("com.android.camera","com.android.camera.CropImage");

which is giving me the same error as it is related to the above
problem.

is this bug in sdk-r2 or do we have any other solution?

Cant view images

by mcmc » Sat, 07 Mar 2009 02:05:33 GMT

 Try running "adb logcat" when the emulator is running. It should tell
you the problem, or at least where the problem lies...

1. Problem with playing sound

Hi all,
I am playing a sound in my application.Most of the time it plays
succesfully without any pause.It is a short duration type sound file
which lasts for 1 sec(a "tick -tock" sound of clock) which I am
repeatedly playing infinitely and most of the times there are no
issues.But rarely it happens that the sound suddenly stops playing and
will show the log as below:

TimedEventQueue :Event no:x was not found in the queue , already
cancelled

And once it is stopped, it never restarts.

Could anyone please help me to find a solution for this?
Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Tina Lincon

--