About aapt failure

by dhananjay » Thu, 23 Jul 2009 19:25:25 GMT

 Hi All
        while running android on my ppc64 target system i'm getting following
        while booting ,and not able to see UI launcher

        Exception Landroid/content/res/Resources$NotFoundException;
        thrown during Landroid/text/AutoText;.<clinit>

        further debugging yields that while preloading AutoText class ,during
        android bootup system is trying to load resource file such as
        and there it is failing.as ppc64 is big endian m/c , and aapt(the
host side binary)
        is generating all the .apk file in little endian formate.as we know
that it is compiling xml and .rsc file
        and packaging it in to .apk file. which is also a binary file.so i
want to know where to give correct
        byte order formate for aapt ,currently m going through the source
code of aapt
        but not getting the idea of where to swap bytes.does anybody know
anything about this?
        please let me know.

Other Threads

1. How to test onCreate with saved Bundle?

My app launches the camera to allow the user to capture a picture.
Sometimes this causes the OS will kill my App to free up memory for
the camera. Once the picture is taken, my app starts back up where it
left off using the Bundle I saved in onSaveInstanceState().

My app had a bug where in the code that restores the state. Is there
anyway that I can simulate or test this case to make sure I am
restoring correctly now? It seems I am having trouble making this
happen when I want to test it.

2. how to get android version, kernel version and mac address

How to get it through program? And display to the user on screen