Opening pdf and office file

by Pankaj Bisaria » Thu, 12 Mar 2009 17:32:02 GMT

 Hello friends

I have a question. Presently I am working on an application where I have to
open various types of files. The type includes .txt, .pdf, .bmp, .png ,
.doc, .xls
Can you please tell me that is there any one component which can do work for
all.

In iPhone sdk apple provided a UIWebView component. We can use this
component to open all type of file.

If in Android that component is not available then please tell me how we can
open the pdf and MSOffice files.

Thanks

Pankaj Bisaria

Opening pdf and office file

by Mark Murphy » Thu, 12 Mar 2009 20:00:54 GMT

Buy programs that run on Android that open PDF and MS Office files. I
know there are PDF viewers available, and I seem to recall DataVis was
going to be releasing MS Office viewers at some point for Android.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
 http://commonsware.com

Opening pdf and office file

by Jason Van Anden » Thu, 12 Mar 2009 20:03:42 GMT

 I still have not come across a descent pdf reader for Android.  I would like
to find one so I can read Mark's books on the subway (actually).  If anyone
has a good recommendation ... last I checked the ones in the market are not
ready for prime time.

i++

Opening pdf and office file

by Mark Murphy » Thu, 12 Mar 2009 20:13:11 GMT

Well, what you *really* need is for me to get off my <bleep> and add
EPUB editions. Then, FBReaderJ, or maybe some future port of Stanza, or
something should be able to read them.

I'm not aware of a Mobipocket reader for Android; otherwise, you could
try using the Kindle editions with that.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
 http://commonsware.com
Android Training in Sweden --  http://www.sotrium.com/training.php

Opening pdf and office file

by Pankaj Bisaria » Fri, 13 Mar 2009 14:38:40 GMT

 Thanks Mark For your reply,

You told me to buy a program. Are you talking about any Paid api ?
I am developing an application for a client which wants me to open these
files in the application.