Re : How to catch BOOT_COMPLETED_ACTION from an IntentReceiver

by GAYET Thierry » Wed, 24 Jun 2009 20:38:00 GMT

 First thanks for your quick reply. I have well found the code you told me about

I have one more question 'cos i as i have said before i ma programming a
service that i want to start when Android boot.

My core class extends Service not  BroadcastReceiver. So may i extend more than
one time. I mean to extends  Service and BroadcastReceiver. for the same class

Maybe i need to add a public class OnBootReceiver extends BroadcastReceiver
inside my service project ? But if so how to link this second class with the
service one ?

Thierry GAYET

De : Mark Murphy <>
Envoy le : Mercredi, 24 Juin 2009, 14h08mn 24s
Objet : [android-developers] Re: How to catch BOOT_COMPLETED_ACTION from an

You'll see this covered as part of:

Sample code implementing BroadcastReceivers for BOOT_COMPLETED can be
found at:

(scroll down, download the "Source Code" from the link, and look for
SysEvents/OnBoot and SysServices/Alarm projects)

Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)  |

_The Busy Coder's Guide to *Advanced* Android Development_
Version 0.9 Available!

Re : How to catch BOOT_COMPLETED_ACTION from an IntentReceiver

by Mark Murphy » Wed, 24 Jun 2009 21:03:04 GMT

BOOT_COMPLETED must be received by a <receiver> element for a
BroadcatReceiver. You have no choice in the matter.

Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)  |

Android Development Wiki:

1. Geocoder getFromLocation

Is there a known issue with Geocoder getFromLocation in version 2.0

I recently upgraded to sdk 2.0 from 1.5.  I had a working application
which displayed the address for a lat and long cooridiates using the
getFromLocation function.  When I run the application in the 1.5
emulator everything works correctly. If I change to a 2.0 emulator I
recieve zero results from the function.  I made no changes to the
code, only to which emulator the code will run in.

2. Games Development Newsgroup?

Is there an Android Google group specifically for games development,
especially using OpenGL ES??

3. How to remove sms notifications in status bar

4. unable to build source code....

5. Android-Montreal User Group

6. how to import jre library to android application

7. push notification