cupcake/development/tools/eclipse/scripts/build_server.sh failed on Mac OS -- HELP

by enetconsultant » Wed, 04 Feb 2009 13:46:56 GMT

 I am using  Mac Pro which has "Darwin" linux.  I tried to ADT 0.9.0 by running
the script at

cupcake/development/tools/eclipse/scripts/build_server.sh

The script keeps failing with error saying that it only works on Linux.

I am in need of the ADT 0.9.0.  Is there a way for me to successfully building
this from the cupcake source ?

If not, can someone send me a built ADT 0.9.0 ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.   Please, email me at
'enetconsult...@comcast.net

Thanks.

cupcake/development/tools/eclipse/scripts/build_server.sh failed on Mac OS -- HELP

by Jerry Yang » Wed, 04 Feb 2009 13:50:06 GMT

 I use a unbentu VM to run the Darwin streaming server, it seems working
well.
On windows mobile platform, I also tried to optimize the rtsp on media
player, it seems cases are quit complex. I suggest you to use the VLC as
reference media player.
With best wishes
Jerry

cupcake/development/tools/eclipse/scripts/build_server.sh failed on Mac
OS -- HELP

I am using  Mac Pro which has "Darwin" linux.  I tried to ADT 0.9.0 by
running the script at

cupcake/development/tools/eclipse/scripts/build_server.sh

The script keeps failing with error saying that it only works on Linux.

I am in need of the ADT 0.9.0.  Is there a way for me to successfully
building this from the cupcake source ?

If not, can someone send me a built ADT 0.9.0 ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.   Please, email me at
'enetconsult...@comcast.net

Thanks.

1. ADB Driver Not Found Windows Vista 64 - T-Mobile MyTouch3g Slide (?HTC Expresso?)

I apologize for the long post, but trying to provide all of the
information I know about:

Begin studying Android programming last April

Until now, have been using Android SDK Emulator with the Eclipse
plug-in, but recently replaced my non-Android phone to T-Mobile's
MyTouch 3G Slide. Today, tried to install the Windows Android USB
Driver for the phone. Followed instructions in
http://d.android.com/sdk/win-usb.html
(USB Driver for Windows Android Developers).

When looking for the driver, Windows gave me a "Could Not Find Driver
Software" message.  When telling Windows where to search, I pointed it
to the SDK directory where the driver resides (ndroid-SDK-windows/
usb_driver).  Also tried ndroid-SDK-windows.  Specified se sub-
folders" in both tries. I am using Vista 64 bit, and suspect that may
be the cause.

The "could not find.." message box from Windows has this information
under Details:

  Problem Event Name:   PnPDriverNotFound
  Architecture: x64
  Hardware Id:  USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0E03&REV_0100&MI_01
  OS Version:   6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    1033

In Windows Device Manager, "Other Devices ==>ADB==> Properties"
shows
  Device type:  Other Devices
  Manufacturer:  Unknown
  Location:  0000.001d.0007.002.000.000.000.000.000
  Device Status:  This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1).
There is no driver selected for the device information set or element

In the sdk's "usb_driver" directory, the "android_winusb.inf" file has
several VID's beginning with 0BB..., but does not have one for the one
listed above.  Nor is there a [ ... ]header entry for the MyTouch 3G
Slide (Expresso??)

I suspect this is the reason for the "Driver not found"

Am using the 32 bit version of "Eclipse IDE for Java Developers"
downloaded last April.  (At that time there were a lot of forum
warnings about not using the 64 bit version.)

Today, before trying to install the driver, I uninstalled the Android
plug-in from Eclipse and then uninstalled the Android SDK I had
installed in April which was at the 2.1 level.  I reinstalled the SDK
at the 2.2 level taking "all items". Then reinstalled the Eclipse plug-
in.

In the "Android SDK and AVD Manager" checked for any updates.  There
were none (I'd just re-installed, so that makes sense)

Information in this thread looked like a solution:

2. multiple views and asynctask...

hi all;
am porting a framework that works on J2SE and blackberry.  this
framework "dynamically" creates screens (xlate as views w/layout
managers in Android).  the main entry point to the framework is to
create an instance of thread (for example, Main.java that extends
Thread) and starts it.  on starting, the framework uses some data
files for the construction of the platform specific widgets.

in the Android world, i'm struggling with the idea or notion of 1view
= 1activity.  so here is what i've done:
a) created an activity which shows a basic button to start and stop
this framework.  on clicking start, i instantiate a subclass of
AsyncTask.
b) altered the framework so that Main.java does  *NOT* inherit from
Thread.
c) this subclass of asynctask  doInBackground() creates the instance
of Main and simply invoke its run() method (NOTE: again Main is not a
thread so it'll run in the AsyncTask worker thread).
d) also w/in the framework, i dynamically instantiate android widgets
- Button, and EditText only for current test case.  these are placed
on a LinearLayout "panel".  all these happen in different framework
subclasses.
e) when the framework decides to "push" a screen (i.e., view), i
populate the LinearLayout with the necessary widgets and then delegate
to the subclass of AsyncTask where i simply invoke publishProgress()
with the root viewgroup (in this case an instance of LinearLayout).
f) Then in the AsyncTask subclass, w/in onProgressUpdate(), i push the
current view by calling activity.setContentView (i hold onto a
reference of activity in the async task subclass)

two things happen:
1) either nothing shows up on the emulator screen, or
2) i get a ViewRoot$CalledFromWrongThreadException - which is *weird*
'cause i'm using AsyncTask.

Questions:
a) presuming that dynamically created "panel" has something wrong w/it
and that is why its not rendered.  i've checked the values of the view
being supplied to setContentiView and it has the two widgets (Button
and EditText) with appropriate text values for labels etc.
a1) what else can i check ?
a2) are there reasons why an activity would not update its contentView
if the view is supplied by the worker thread in AsyncTask ?
a3) am using the de{*filter*} and have android src code configured (albeit
the line #'s are out of sync) - so/but i can't figure out where its
failing to update and use the new view.  any help?

b) why would i get VIewRootCalledFromWrongThreadException even when
using the AsyncTask??
c) general architecture... can one create Activity classes dynamically
w/o having their descriptions in xml file ?  Reason why i ask is,
perhaps for the android platform, the best way to port this framework
is to implement "subactivities" -- however these subactivities are not
know a priori, so i must be able to create them dynamically.

appreciate help.

kindest regards,
S-

--

3. Necessary to close SQLite database?

4. Click handling from multiple buttons on a screen

5. Some Issues related to signing APK with multiple certificates

6. drawing lines on top of a image view

7. MobClix revenue drop