Set wallpaper as background

by AndroidNewbie » Thu, 03 Jun 2010 11:49:16 GMT

 Hi ,

I want to set current wallpaper as my application background . Any
ideas to do it through XML or Java code ?

--

Set wallpaper as background

by Ericson, Anders » Thu, 03 Jun 2010 14:17:36 GMT

 Hi,

In your "AndroidManifest.xml" you can add this to your activity:
android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Wallpaper"

/Anders

I want to set current wallpaper as my application background . Any
ideas to do it through XML or Java code ?

Set wallpaper as background

by Rajiv » Thu, 03 Jun 2010 14:52:37 GMT

 You can also do it as:

WallpaperManager wlp = WallpaperManager.getInstance(*this*);

Drawable d = wlp.getDrawable();

textView.setBackgroundDrawable(d);
Regards,
Rajiv

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 11:47 AM, Ericson, Anders <

Other Threads

1. How to exit from the application?

Hi folks!

I have written a small application - first shows the splash screen and
then actual player functionality.

When I click on 'Back' button, it shows the splash screen instead of
exiting the application.

What should I do?

How to exit from the application when we click on 'back' button of the
device.

2. Android on HTC VOGUE (TOUCH)

Hello,

        I would like to install android on my Pda Htc, but im finding
some dificulties... ill tried  a instalation by a cab file but my pda
stays all white, can you help me??

Thanks Manuel

3. Out put is not shown on Emulator

4. Radio's Diabetes Companion Alpha 2 released at the Android MarketPlace

5. peer not authenticated while executing DefaultHttpClient httpclient

6. How to know which element of my list is selected when long click

7. Discover bluetooth devices