Set wallpaper as background

by AndroidNewbie » Thu, 03 Jun 2010 11:49:16 GMT

 Hi ,

I want to set current wallpaper as my application background . Any
ideas to do it through XML or Java code ?

--

Set wallpaper as background

by Ericson, Anders » Thu, 03 Jun 2010 14:17:36 GMT

 Hi,

In your "AndroidManifest.xml" you can add this to your activity:
android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Wallpaper"

/Anders

I want to set current wallpaper as my application background . Any
ideas to do it through XML or Java code ?

Set wallpaper as background

by Rajiv » Thu, 03 Jun 2010 14:52:37 GMT

 You can also do it as:

WallpaperManager wlp = WallpaperManager.getInstance(*this*);

Drawable d = wlp.getDrawable();

textView.setBackgroundDrawable(d);
Regards,
Rajiv

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 11:47 AM, Ericson, Anders <

Other Threads

1. Testing Microphone with Android App on OMAP

Hi,

      I m using OMAP3EVM with Android Donut, I need to check the Mic
functionality in Android. I have verified my Mic working in Linux and
booting the OMAP using Ramdisk and verified using the utility namely
arecord and aplay.

     I got an apk namely DroidRecord a record and play application,
whenever I click the Record button of the app, the application closes
with the message "com.twofuse.droidrecord" has stopped and the app
closes.

  Is there any other utility or app is there to check the Mic
functionality. The android FS by default has got the SoundRecorder.apk
in system/app but its not coming as an icon in menu.
Is there any tweak to be done for this . Looking for your suggestions
and help.

Thanks
Fasil

website:

2. animation is starting with a large black screen....

i am trying to get a slide down animation to work, and it seems to
work except that it starts with a big black screen instead of the
screen that was there.

so I have layout1 and layout2.

when I start the animation using ViewFlipper.showNext it puts a big
black background over layout1, and then slides in layout2.  if I use
ViewFlipper.startFlipping() it slides in layout2 out as it is sliding
in layout1 -- which is what I would expect.

My slide_down.xml looks like this:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <set xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
        <translate android:fromYDelta="0"
                   android:toYDelta="100%"
                   android:duration="4000"
                   android:detachWallpaper="true"/>
    </set>

My java code looks like this:
    ViewFlipper vf = (ViewFlipper) findViewById(R.id.DropDownList);
    vf.setAnimation(AnimationUtils.loadAnimation(this,
R.anim.slide_down));
    vf.showNext();                or
vf.startFlipping();

tia.

--

3. Video streaming from Android

4. Email client with Exchange &/or Lotus Domino mail server

5. Php Development Web Developement In India at infocus web solutions (ahmedabad)

6. Oops, I crashed the phone

7. vold issues