G1 detected as 'offline' by Eclipse plugin

by GiladH » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 04:34:38 GMT

 Guys,

I can debug my app just fine with the emulator.

However, when I connect my G1 device to desktop via USB and attempt
to run/debug my app on it (after following "Developing on Device
Hardware" steps in android docs) I fail.

The error msg I get: "Failed to upload MyAppName.apk on device
'HT841LC09904': Unable to open sync connection!"

Running "adb devices" displays the G1 device is as 'offline'.

The G1 relevant configuration values are:
     - Wireless controls>Airplain mode==true
     - SDCard >Use for USB storage==false
     - Application>Unknown Resources==true
     - Development>USB Debugging==true

Also - application section of manifest app contains:
android:debuggable="true"

Any helpful idea will be welcomed.

GiladH

G1 detected as 'offline' by Eclipse plugin

by joshv » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 04:58:14 GMT

 Make sure "stay awake" in the Application | Development menu settings
is enabled - if I don't have that enabled, adb will regularly crash
when the phone goes to sleep.  Sometimes unplugging the phone's USB
cord and plugging it back in will help, but sometimes I've found that
periodically the windows drivers will just stop working, and adb can't
see the phone no matter what I do - I basically have to reboot to
restore connectivity.  Are you sure the drivers installed properly to
begin with?

-josh

G1 detected as 'offline' by Eclipse plugin

by GiladH » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 17:30:56 GMT

 Hi,
Setting "stay awake" makes no differentce. So does rebooting desktop &
device...
I am using the driver supplied by Google.

GiladH

G1 detected as 'offline' by Eclipse plugin

by GiladH » Wed, 03 Dec 2008 00:15:29 GMT

 Problem resolved.
Probably due to improper USB driver installation.

G1 detected as 'offline' by Eclipse plugin

by Hypercreature » Wed, 28 Jan 2009 10:42:03 GMT

 Hey GiladH,
I'm having the same problem. How did you fix it? A restart or
something? Thanks.

G1 detected as 'offline' by Eclipse plugin

by GiladH » Sun, 15 Feb 2009 01:22:15 GMT

 Hi,

If you're ALWAYS having this problem - your best bet it so go to the
driver manager and look for yellow (i.e. incompletely installed) USB
drivers

If you're having this problem every now & again - just boot your PC
when it happens. couldn't figure out anything smarter than that..

GiladH

G1 detected as 'offline' by Eclipse plugin

by Al Sutton » Sun, 15 Feb 2009 02:12:55 GMT

 If you're running Vista you may just be stuffed.

I have two machines, an XP one and a Vista one. The Vista one always
lists the G1 as being offline and reports no problems with the driver
installation (no yellow triangle, no error message, just a "This device
is working properly." in the Device Status box).

Take the same G1, same cable, and plug it into the XP box, and use the
same SDK revision, and everything just works.

Al.
 http://andappstore.com/

--
======
company number  6741909. The registered head office is Kemp House,

subsidiaries.

G1 detected as 'offline' by Eclipse plugin

by Cian Masterson » Fri, 06 Mar 2009 05:19:39 GMT

  had the exact same problem on my Ubuntu laptop and after swearing at
it for 2 hours I discovered the problem was caused by a USB hub. When
I connected the G1 directly to the laptop the problem went away.

If you see this problem I would try removing any USB hubs from the
equation first. If you are using a desktop try using the USB
connectors at the back of the machine, as the ones at the front can
sometimes be on a hub.

Slan,
Cian

G1 detected as 'offline' by Eclipse plugin

by Al Sutton » Fri, 06 Mar 2009 15:23:41 GMT

 he cable was plugged directly into a USB port on the motherboard.

Trust me, ABD + G1 + Vista is not a good combination.

Al.

Cian Masterson wrote:

--

* Written an Android App? - List it at http://andappstore.com/ *

======
company number 6741909. The registered head office is Kemp House,
152-160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX, UK.

subsidiaries.

G1 detected as 'offline' by Eclipse plugin

by Hypercreature » Tue, 28 Apr 2009 11:36:19 GMT

 ctually this was the solution. Thanks a lot Cian. I really appreciate
it.