Error when setting the android preferences in eclipse.

by andersg » Wed, 13 May 2009 03:24:32 GMT


Sponsored Links
 Hi,
I can't get the android sdk working in eclipse. I followed the
installation guide, but when I point android preferences to my android
sdk lib under "Window > preferences > android" I get the following
error.

"Error loading the SDK

Error: Error parsing the SDK.
/home/anders/opt/android-sdk-linux_x86-1.1_r1/plartforms is missing"


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~



Error when setting the android preferences in eclipse.

by Paul Turchenko » Wed, 13 May 2009 05:22:20 GMT


 It seems like you have outdated SDK. New eclipse add-on (starting from
v. 0.9.0) doesn't recognize SDK 1.1. However, if you need to develop
for SDK 1.1 you simply set target name to android 1.1 and reference
1.1. library from your application. This should work.



--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~


Sponsored Links


Error when setting the android preferences in eclipse.

by byroneekh...@gmail.com » Fri, 22 May 2009 01:56:59 GMT


 Hi,

I have the same problem,
I work with: Eclipse Platform Version: 3.4.2
I have downloaded android-sdk-windows-1.5_r1 but when I set the
location to:
D:\Android\android-sdk-windows-1.1_r1

I get the same error:

"Error loading the SDK

Error: Error parsing the SDK.
D:\Android\android-sdk-windows-1.1_r1/plartforms is missing"

While using 1.5 SDK!

please help... :), thnx

Byron





--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~



Other Threads

1. Need help understanding crash report.

Would anyone want to help me understand this crash-descript/logcat
from Amazon.
Rgds
cellurl

------------------------------
Your application attempts to call an Android Activity lifecycle method
on a background thread. Amazon DRM does not allow developers to invoke
Android Activity lifecycle methods on background thread. For more
information on processes and threads, please visit:
http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/fundamentals/processes-and-threads.html
Additionally, the Android UI toolkit is not thread-safe. So, you must
not manipulate your UI from a worker thread you must do all
manipulation to your user interface from the UI thread. There are two
rules to Android's single thread model: * Do not block the UI thread *
Do not access the Android UI toolkit from outside the UI thread
--------------------------------
Please see below for the section of aLogCat you need.  The starred
line is the problem area.

D/dalvikvm( 1051): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 99 objects / 4264 bytes in 63ms
D/PowerManagerService(   97): New lightsensor value:320, lcdValue:130
D/dalvikvm( 1051): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 7649 objects / 468904 bytes in
84ms
D/NativeCrypto( 1051): Freeing OpenSSL session
D/dalvikvm( 1051): GC_EXTERNAL_ALLOC freed 8476 objects / 431920 bytes
in 78ms
D/PowerManagerService(   97): New lightsensor value:640, lcdValue:160
D/dalvikvm(  639): GC_EXPLICIT freed 7400 objects / 331752 bytes in
409ms
D/dalvikvm( 1051): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 9299 objects / 723704 bytes in
66ms
D/UpdateService( 1051): Received action:
com.amazon.mas.client.framework.UpdateService.EXECUTE_REFRESHMENT_TASKS
from intent: Intent
{ act=com.amazon.mas.client.framework.UpdateService.EXECUTE_REFRESHMENT_TASKS
cmp=com.amazon.venezia/com.amazon.mas.client.framework.UpdateService }
D/AndroidRuntime( 1051): Shutting down VM
***************W/dalvikvm( 1051): threadid=1: thread exiting with
uncaught exception (group=0x400259f8)****************
D/dalvikvm( 1051): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 22703 objects / 1274048 bytes
in 56ms
D/NativeCrypto( 1051): Freeing OpenSSL session
D/dalvikvm( 1051): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 8820 objects / 541776 bytes in
48ms
D/dalvikvm( 1051): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 1583 objects / 283936 bytes in
44ms
I/Process ( 1051): Sending signal. PID: 1051 SIG: 9
W/ContentService(   97): binderDied() at ObserverNode name system

---------------------------------------------------------------

I started with Jetboy and butchered it to become my app called
"Steampunk Speed Limits".
So the UI is identical to Jetboy if that helps.
I added GPS, so thats the only newness...

thanks



-- 

2. PVMFFailure when using MediaPlayer for radio streams

I had this issues too, with Android device 1.6 and 2.2 (actually, the only 
2.2 device I had this issue with was Galaxy Tab).
The solution I found, was to re-encode the original WAV files to MP3 with 
ffmpeg:
ffmpeg -i 1.wav -acodec libmp3lame -b 96k -ar 160001.mp3

-- 

3. GingerBread Compliance with AT&T requirements...

4. Error Message Help

5. Newbie need help

6. Terima Kasih atas feedback dan downloadnya

7. Share the device specific information