adding package to system image

by flame on » Thu, 22 Apr 2010 02:51:12 GMT

I want to add an application to system image, do i have to do anything
special to do this. I have added folder for my application to packages/
apps and written a make file and manifest file similar to those
present in other applications in packages/apps
So now if apps like AlarmClock etc get built and get included in
system image then my application should also get included in system
image. Even though, it gets built, when I hit make, its not visible in
menu.

Am I missing some step over here?

--

adding package to system image

by Deva R » Thu, 22 Apr 2010 06:34:45 GMT

 see if this helps...

touch a java file in the AlarmClock application, and then do a
  'make showcommands'
That will show you the build steps executed, and you will know how the code
from the java file makes all the way to the system.img
Now, touch a java file in your app, and do the same.  You can find why it
fails to make its way to system.img.

courtesy:

adding package to system image

by Martin Krahulik » Thu, 22 Apr 2010 15:31:26 GMT

 If application is present in /system/app folder but not visible in menu,
typically it needs to be added to
PRODUCT_PACKAGES += \ in makefile of a product you are building, i.e.
vendor/htc/dream-open/device_dream.mk

touch a java file in the AlarmClock application, and then do a
  'make showcommands'
That will show you the build steps executed, and you will know how the
code
from the java file makes all the way to the system.img
Now, touch a java file in your app, and do the same.  You can find why
it
fails to make its way to system.img.

courtesy:

Other Threads

1. Certification <= 6 months?

Hi,

i just signed my app (hopefully in a correct way..) and i saw that the
certificate is available for only 6 months. Is there any way we could
change this time period? Should it stay like this?

Thanks,
Teo

2. Launch Activity with Eclipse

Hi all,

The eclipse plugin allows to launch the default Activity, or its
possible to choose another Activity from the project.

But if I choose another one, in the Run Configurations -> Android
Application, I got the following error in the LogCat:

SecurityException: Permission Denial: starting Intent
{ flags=0x10000000 comp={br.livro.android.provider/
br.livro.android.provider.ImprimeContatos} } from null (pid=-1,
uid=-1) requires null

I remember that I did this, in previous releases of the SDK, and I didn
t have this problem...

So I configured this Activity with a intent-filter with the action
MAIN, like this and it worked:

<activity android:name="ImprimeContatos">
                        <intent-filter>
                                <action
android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
                        </intent-filter>
</activity>

I just would like to confirm if this is how it is supposed to work.

In my understanding the MAIN action should be used when the Activity
must run without other Activity.
Am I right?

thank you,
Ricardo

3. Connecting SSL and submitting an XML using 1.0 SDK

4. Web service using XML-RPC working with Android SDK 0.9

5. How to have multiple Android projects in one Eclipse Project?

6. Getting android multimodal - org.apache.commons.scxml