adding package to system image

by flame on » Thu, 22 Apr 2010 02:51:12 GMT

I want to add an application to system image, do i have to do anything
special to do this. I have added folder for my application to packages/
apps and written a make file and manifest file similar to those
present in other applications in packages/apps
So now if apps like AlarmClock etc get built and get included in
system image then my application should also get included in system
image. Even though, it gets built, when I hit make, its not visible in
menu.

Am I missing some step over here?

--

adding package to system image

by Deva R » Thu, 22 Apr 2010 06:34:45 GMT

 see if this helps...

touch a java file in the AlarmClock application, and then do a
  'make showcommands'
That will show you the build steps executed, and you will know how the code
from the java file makes all the way to the system.img
Now, touch a java file in your app, and do the same.  You can find why it
fails to make its way to system.img.

courtesy:

adding package to system image

by Martin Krahulik » Thu, 22 Apr 2010 15:31:26 GMT

 If application is present in /system/app folder but not visible in menu,
typically it needs to be added to
PRODUCT_PACKAGES += \ in makefile of a product you are building, i.e.
vendor/htc/dream-open/device_dream.mk

touch a java file in the AlarmClock application, and then do a
  'make showcommands'
That will show you the build steps executed, and you will know how the
code
from the java file makes all the way to the system.img
Now, touch a java file in your app, and do the same.  You can find why
it
fails to make its way to system.img.

courtesy:

Other Threads

1. get remaining battery

Hi,

Searching old posts reveal that no one knows a way to get the current
battery level without using intents. Is this true? There's no method
to just return the current battery level?

thanks

   guich

--

2. what are the possible connections?

Hi,

What kind of connections can we open on Android? Which of the
following is possible?

- USB
- Serial port
- Infrared

I know that Bluetooth is possible, but are the other ones too?

And if yes, which classes i have to use?

thanks for the feedback

    guich

--

3. Launching Browser in Preference Activity.

4. How to have TimerTask (or equivalent) that executes even while display is sleeping ?

5. rebooting programatically / platform certificate

6. Involuntary Scrolling, help !

7. interpolatedTime in applyTransformation method