adding package to system image

by flame on » Thu, 22 Apr 2010 02:51:12 GMT

I want to add an application to system image, do i have to do anything
special to do this. I have added folder for my application to packages/
apps and written a make file and manifest file similar to those
present in other applications in packages/apps
So now if apps like AlarmClock etc get built and get included in
system image then my application should also get included in system
image. Even though, it gets built, when I hit make, its not visible in
menu.

Am I missing some step over here?

--

adding package to system image

by Deva R » Thu, 22 Apr 2010 06:34:45 GMT

 see if this helps...

touch a java file in the AlarmClock application, and then do a
  'make showcommands'
That will show you the build steps executed, and you will know how the code
from the java file makes all the way to the system.img
Now, touch a java file in your app, and do the same.  You can find why it
fails to make its way to system.img.

courtesy:

adding package to system image

by Martin Krahulik » Thu, 22 Apr 2010 15:31:26 GMT

 If application is present in /system/app folder but not visible in menu,
typically it needs to be added to
PRODUCT_PACKAGES += \ in makefile of a product you are building, i.e.
vendor/htc/dream-open/device_dream.mk

touch a java file in the AlarmClock application, and then do a
  'make showcommands'
That will show you the build steps executed, and you will know how the
code
from the java file makes all the way to the system.img
Now, touch a java file in your app, and do the same.  You can find why
it
fails to make its way to system.img.

courtesy:

Other Threads

1. question about inflate in LayoutInflater

the method has 3 parameters.and I'm confused by the second and the thrid.
  I read api.
  rootOptional view to be the parent of the generated hierarchy (if
attachToRoot is true), or else simply an object that provides a set of
LayoutParams values for root of the returned hierarchy (if attachToRoot is
false.)
attachToRootWhether the inflated hierarchy should be attached to the root
parameter? If false, root is only used to create the correct subclass of
LayoutParams for the root view in the XML.

     I know when the attackToRoot is true.then the root will be parent of the
items in the xml. but what would happend when the attackToRoot is falase? it's
just take the values form xml and don't create any views?
2009-06-27

2. HTML input fields in webview lose focus on JavaScript calls via loadUrl

Currently I have a small application that creates a socket connection
as well as a WebView to load a web application. The android java
application relays information passed via the socket to the webview
using the loadUrl("javascript:") call. I'm experiencing an issue
though whenever focus is placed on an input field inside the webview.
As expected, it properly brings up the soft keyboard, but if any calls
are made to loadUrl it automatically causes the field to lose focus
and the keyboard goes away. The user must then click on the input
field again to bring it back up. Is there something I am missing or is
this just a bug that will have to be fixed? Also, is there anyway I
can workaround this issue? I have attempted to forcibly bring up the
soft keyboard using InputMethodManager's showSoftInput method, but it
simply returns true and never displays the keyboard.

3. 'Operation not permitted' error while calling ioctl () to configure WiFi property

4. Call log bug

5. Managing the On Screen Keyboard

6. Dial pause character

7. Maps API Key Signup page is down...