adding package to system image

by flame on » Thu, 22 Apr 2010 02:51:12 GMT

I want to add an application to system image, do i have to do anything
special to do this. I have added folder for my application to packages/
apps and written a make file and manifest file similar to those
present in other applications in packages/apps
So now if apps like AlarmClock etc get built and get included in
system image then my application should also get included in system
image. Even though, it gets built, when I hit make, its not visible in
menu.

Am I missing some step over here?

--

adding package to system image

by Deva R » Thu, 22 Apr 2010 06:34:45 GMT

 see if this helps...

touch a java file in the AlarmClock application, and then do a
  'make showcommands'
That will show you the build steps executed, and you will know how the code
from the java file makes all the way to the system.img
Now, touch a java file in your app, and do the same.  You can find why it
fails to make its way to system.img.

courtesy:

adding package to system image

by Martin Krahulik » Thu, 22 Apr 2010 15:31:26 GMT

 If application is present in /system/app folder but not visible in menu,
typically it needs to be added to
PRODUCT_PACKAGES += \ in makefile of a product you are building, i.e.
vendor/htc/dream-open/device_dream.mk

touch a java file in the AlarmClock application, and then do a
  'make showcommands'
That will show you the build steps executed, and you will know how the
code
from the java file makes all the way to the system.img
Now, touch a java file in your app, and do the same.  You can find why
it
fails to make its way to system.img.

courtesy:

Other Threads

1. draw view onto bitmap

Is there a way to get a view to draw itself onto a bitmap/canvas? I
can see copyWindowBitmap() and getDrawingCache() public methods in the
View class. What do these do exactly and how I do use them?

2. Kernel Level Changes

So, if there is a device out now, and the core kernel of the machine
being linux, can I change kernel level values and recompile it to use
it? Like values in 802.11 packet size etc.

I have been looking out for a mobile device on which I can do these
manipulations for my distributed computing research using various
devices including mobile phones.

Thanks,
AJ

3. creating a transition between two views

4. bindService() does not start the service

5. AndroidGuys.com Updates

6. AndroidGuys Stopping By

7. want to set the four images horigentally and want to draw the list below images