sdcard in avd SDK 1.5

by longhairedsi » Tue, 28 Apr 2009 23:52:10 GMT

 Hello,

I've been trying to figure out how to use the sdcard that was
generated when I created the avd file for the emulator in SDK 1.5 r1.

In previous SDKs I set this in the Eclipse run configurations  -sdcard
c:\android\sd500m.img

I could then access the sdcard through DDMS etc.

How do i specify the sdcard that was created in the avd?

Cheers
Si

sdcard in avd SDK 1.5

by nEx.Software » Wed, 29 Apr 2009 00:30:37 GMT

 It should automatically use the image created during creation of the
AVD.

sdcard in avd SDK 1.5

by Raphael » Wed, 29 Apr 2009 01:08:12 GMT

 When you create your AVD you can use the --sdcard argument this way:

$ android create avd ... --sdcard 16M
or
$ android create avd ... --sdcard /path/to/existing/img

The former will create a new AVD with a new "sdcard.img" file of the
requested size.
The second form will use the provided image path for the sdcard.

Then just run the emulator with the avd name and it should use your
sdcard right away.

Oh since if you had customized previous Eclipse launch configurations
with extra emulator launch parameters, make sure to remove them from
Eclipse, otherwise it might override your AVD setting.

R/

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 8:52 AM, longhairedsi

1. Fwd: Touchscreen support for 7 Inch LCD panel

Sending to list as well..

-- Ashwin