A complete newbie

by Dvisionj » Wed, 05 Aug 2009 00:21:32 GMT

 Hi all
OK, some are going to roll their eyes at the naivety at this
post...gotta start somewhere!
I wish to get into developing apps for Android, but I not sure where
to start.
I have basic unix/linux skills and I wondering what I should study
next. Ie no experience of Java so I guessing that should be it. If
so, what are the best book/resources on the subject? Or should I start
with C ?

I not underestimating the huge task ahead, I realise there a
massive learning curve, but dammit, I capable and up for it!
Thanks for reading.

A complete newbie

by tinyang » Wed, 05 Aug 2009 00:31:28 GMT

 Here are a few good places to learn Java:

 http://www.javapassion.com/

 http://freshbrain.org/group/learn-java-programming-learning-path

Good luck!