Fwd: Port Gstreamer to Android

by Prajnashi S » Mon, 02 Mar 2009 14:45:07 GMT

From: Prajnashi S <prajna...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 10:42 PM
Subject: Port Gstreamer to Android
To: gstreamer-de...@lists.sourceforge.net,
gstreamer-embed...@lists.sourceforge.net,
gstreamer-open...@lists.sourceforge.net

Android uses OpenCore, which is provided by PacketVideo as default
multimedia framework. But, after reviewing code, I found OpenCore is not
easy to work with and its resource (the number of plugin) is very limited.
So, I tried to port gstreamer  to Android to provide a more flexibility and
richer feature set. Fortunately, it can work. Now, I will share my
experience here.

The work includes:
  - glib
  - liboil
  - gstreamer core
  - gst-plugin-base
  - gst-plugin-good
  - gst-plugin-bad
  - gst-openmax
  - audio sink/video sink for android
  - glue layer to integrate gst into android's multimedia framework

You can find step by step introduction and all patches in my group. To get
it, you have to request to be a member. I'm sorry for this. I will remove
this obstacle in near future.  :-)

Other Threads

1. Block list view item

Hi All,
I have the list view which is having 10 Items. I want to block few
items (Disable). How do i do this? Can any one help me?

Thanks in Advance,
Muthu Kumar K.

2. Example of Dataset Observers

Could someone please point me in the direction of utilizing an
observer to update a cursor when I make an update to the database. I'm
a bit confused as to how they work :)

Thank you,

Kind Regards,

Matt

3. How to donload all the files from this site

4. Alarm issue.

5. Conference cal

6. Reg. "ANR: Application Not Responding"

7. widget Ticker