Fwd: Port Gstreamer to Android

by Prajnashi S » Mon, 02 Mar 2009 14:45:07 GMT

From: Prajnashi S <prajna...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 10:42 PM
Subject: Port Gstreamer to Android
To: gstreamer-de...@lists.sourceforge.net,
gstreamer-embed...@lists.sourceforge.net,
gstreamer-open...@lists.sourceforge.net

Android uses OpenCore, which is provided by PacketVideo as default
multimedia framework. But, after reviewing code, I found OpenCore is not
easy to work with and its resource (the number of plugin) is very limited.
So, I tried to port gstreamer  to Android to provide a more flexibility and
richer feature set. Fortunately, it can work. Now, I will share my
experience here.

The work includes:
  - glib
  - liboil
  - gstreamer core
  - gst-plugin-base
  - gst-plugin-good
  - gst-plugin-bad
  - gst-openmax
  - audio sink/video sink for android
  - glue layer to integrate gst into android's multimedia framework

You can find step by step introduction and all patches in my group. To get
it, you have to request to be a member. I'm sorry for this. I will remove
this obstacle in near future.  :-)

Other Threads

1. sdcard mount detection

is there a way to be notified from my application of sdcard mount?
any services etc?
thanks!

2. Socket connection

Hi,
I am currently writing an app, that uses Sockets to communicate. I
create Socket using the following:

Socket sock = new Socket("123.123.123.123", 13267);

The Server runs on a Vista Machine.

The Problem is, that when I use Wlan and the Android Handy is in the
same Network as the Vista Server, there are no problems. But if I turn
Wlan off and use the internet IP of the Vista PC, it won't work. I
also opened the Port in the Vista Firewall.

Do I have to give explicit Permissions? I already have <uses-
permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" ></uses-
permission> in the manifest.

Thx,
iuiz

3. Network query apis

4. How to assign/get the ip address of an emulator

5. How to connect content provider in ProviderTestCase2 class?

6. How to use remapCoordinateSystem of SensorManager

7. pmem usage in opencore of Android1.5