Fwd: Port Gstreamer to Android

by Prajnashi S » Mon, 02 Mar 2009 14:45:07 GMT

From: Prajnashi S <prajna...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 10:42 PM
Subject: Port Gstreamer to Android
To: gstreamer-de...@lists.sourceforge.net,
gstreamer-embed...@lists.sourceforge.net,
gstreamer-open...@lists.sourceforge.net

Android uses OpenCore, which is provided by PacketVideo as default
multimedia framework. But, after reviewing code, I found OpenCore is not
easy to work with and its resource (the number of plugin) is very limited.
So, I tried to port gstreamer  to Android to provide a more flexibility and
richer feature set. Fortunately, it can work. Now, I will share my
experience here.

The work includes:
  - glib
  - liboil
  - gstreamer core
  - gst-plugin-base
  - gst-plugin-good
  - gst-plugin-bad
  - gst-openmax
  - audio sink/video sink for android
  - glue layer to integrate gst into android's multimedia framework

You can find step by step introduction and all patches in my group. To get
it, you have to request to be a member. I'm sorry for this. I will remove
this obstacle in near future.  :-)

Other Threads

1. Kill an app / package in API 8 (Froyo)

Hi,

I have an app killing feature in one of my apps but up to API 7 i
always worked with restartPackage(String PackageName); but since API 8
its deprecated so I tried killBackgroundProcesses(String PackageName)
but that didn't work either.

I hope someone can help me.

--

2. [WTA] data droid 1 mati

Dear rekan-rekan,

data droid saya mati sejak kemarin,

kalau di lihat di *#*#info*#*#

errornya

state: DcInactiveState
disconnected with last try at 6:59AM
fail because no error

koneksi pakai smart

sudah dicoba2 pakai parameter m...@smart-telecom.co.id
m...@smart-telecom.net.id

password pakai ESN, pakai MEID

tetep nggak bisa juga

anehnya kenapa last try nya at 6:59am ya, kenapa droidnya nggak mo nyoba
konek terus
biasanya statusnya connecting kalau lagi error

please help

thanks

Ronny

3. AW:FW: 7--.

4. Animate to new position - impossible?

5. Scale a Drawable dinamically

6. listView.getCheckedItemPositions() without CheckedTextView

7. help needed - gagal terus saat root incredible