starting zygote from command line (x86)

by Zia » Thu, 05 Feb 2009 01:41:13 GMT

 I got myself in a console now after compiling installer img with
zygote service commented out in the init.rc file. Instead I placed /
system/bin/sh service in the init.rc .

After reboot, I got the prompt. On the command line when I attempt to
start zygote (to enter Android UI),
app_process -Xzygote /system/bin --zygote

first I got ANDROID_SOCKET_zygote environment variable error. I fixed
that, and now I am getting error when binding to socket 666. Seems
like i'm missing /dev/socket/zygote. The problem is, I dont know how
to create socket on this command shell now. Another thing could be the
missing socket binder service.

Any ideas or suggestions to recover from this?

Ultimately, I'm planning to enter a console, start zygote to enter
Android UI. On the console I plan to run dropbear or telnetd to
remotely connect to the box.

Thanks,

Zia

starting zygote from command line (x86)

by dingerjun » Thu, 05 Feb 2009 02:31:43 GMT

 There is another method to start the zygote from command line.

You could add the lines after the service zygote.
like:
on property:zygote.enable=1
    start zygote
on property:zygote.enable=0
    stop zygote

and add a line "setprop zygote.enable 0" in front of file /init.rc