how to play a 8192*8192 image ?

by xhy » Fri, 25 Jun 2010 18:42:46 GMT

 Hi,all
I want to play a   8192*8192 image,but the system exists a "overflow of
memory" exception,what should i do ? Thank you!
--
xhy

--

how to play a 8192*8192 image ?

by youken » Fri, 25 Jun 2010 18:49:50 GMT

 Get a scaled copy and show it.

See the BitmapFactory.Options

  _____

From: android-developers@googlegroups.com
[mailto:android-develop...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of xhy
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2010 7:42 PM
To: android-developers@googlegroups.com
Subject: [android-developers] how to play a 8192*8192 image ?

Hi,all
I want to play a   8192*8192 image,but the system exists a "overflow of memory"
exception,what should i do ? Thank you!
--
xhy

how to play a 8192*8192 image ?

by Mark Murphy » Fri, 25 Jun 2010 18:53:32 GMT

That is a ~200MB image uncompressed (8192 x 8192 x 3 bytes), and you
have 16MB to work with.

The simplest option is to use a smaller image to start with.

The next-simplest option is to scale the image, as youken suggests,
though this will take some time.

The option that keeps your size is to split the image into tiles, like
Google Maps does, and show only a few tiles at a time.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
 http://commonsware.com  |  http://github.com/commonsguy

_The Busy Coder's Guide to *Advanced* Android Development_ Version 1.6
Available!

--

how to play a 8192*8192 image ?

by Mike dg » Fri, 25 Jun 2010 21:44:10 GMT

 I doubt you have an 8192x8192 screen. So figure out what you re
actually doing with the image and then only use as much as you need or
all of it scaled to screen size.

--

how to play a 8192*8192 image ?

by James Wang » Fri, 25 Jun 2010 22:31:38 GMT

how to play a 8192*8192 image ?

by xhy » Mon, 28 Jun 2010 00:06:30 GMT

 i want to  paly a 8192*8192 image int a big TV screen,as a result  such a
big image is needed.

2010/6/25 Mike dg <vinb...@gmail.com>

how to play a 8192*8192 image ?

by Streets Of Boston » Mon, 28 Jun 2010 01:25:35 GMT

 Wow, do you have a big screen TV capable of displaying 8192*8192 pixel
images!?
I doubt it :-)

If you have an HDTV of 1080p, then the max resolution is 1920*1080
(about 2MPixels). There's no need to go larger.

how to play a 8192*8192 image ?

by Kostya Vasilyev » Mon, 28 Jun 2010 02:47:24 GMT

 27.06.2010 21:25, Streets Of Boston :
Wow, do you have a big screen TV capable of displaying 8192*8192 pixel images!? I doubt it:-) If you have an HDTV of 1080p, then the max resolution is 1920*1080 (about 2MPixels). There's no need to go larger.
Besides, the phone's real output resolution might be even smaller (to match the screen). -- Kostya Vasilev -- WiFi Manager + pretty widget -- http://kmansoft.wordpress.com --

how to play a 8192*8192 image ?

by xhy » Mon, 28 Jun 2010 08:02:54 GMT

 In fact  the clients demand it,so i have no idea.