changing owner of a file in Windows environment

by Yalcin » Mon, 01 Sep 2008 03:35:27 GMT

 In (windows environment / in adb shell) I want to change the owner of
my database file from 'root' to 'app_21'.
is there a busybox tool for my environment?

thanks in advance.

changing owner of a file in Windows environment

by Justin (Google Employee) » Wed, 03 Sep 2008 04:32:00 GMT

 (1) you can change the owner of your file in the shell, lookup how to
use the 'chown' command
(2) This is probably *not* what you want to do? Where is your database
file located? It should be in your application's data directory. If it
is, you should have access to it. If its not, it seems like you're
probably not doing something the recommended way.

Cheers,
Justin
Android Team @ Google

changing owner of a file in Windows environment

by Justin (Google Employee) » Wed, 03 Sep 2008 04:32:48 GMT

 Oops, 'chown' is not available on the emulator. So, let's look at my
second point.

Cheers,
Justin
Android Team @ Google

changing owner of a file in Windows environment

by Yalcin Akdogan » Wed, 03 Sep 2008 04:44:44 GMT

 Hi Justin,

my database is in:
/data/data/com.zmc.android.provider/databases

i populate my database outside of the emulator, this is my problem. if i push
it to emulator, then owner is root.

Yalcin
  (1) you can change the owner of your file in the shell, lookup how to
  use the 'chown' command
  (2) This is probably *not* what you want to do? Where is your database
  file located? It should be in your application's data directory. If it
  is, you should have access to it. If its not, it seems like you're
  probably not doing something the recommended way.

  Cheers,
  Justin
  Android Team @ Google

  > In (windows environment / in adb shell) I want to change the owner of
  > my database file from 'root' to 'app_21'.
  > is there a busybox tool for my environment?
  >
  > thanks in advance.

1. How to prevent the user to enter nothing to a EditText?

Hi,

I generate a EditText object by "EditText et = new EditText(Context
c)", then I added this EditText to a AlertDialog. Now I want to
prevent the user to enter nothing to this EditText (need at least
enter one char), what should I do? Thanks a lot..

2. traceview on 64bit computer

I tried to use traceview on a computer with a 64bit processor, the
error I get is "architecture word width mismatch":

android-sdk-linux_x86-1.5_r2/tools/lib/libswt-pi-gtk-3236.so: /home/
christine/java/android-sdk-linux_x86-1.5_r2/tools/lib/libswt-pi-
gtk-3236.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 (Possible cause: architecture
word width mismatch)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1767)
        at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Library.java:123)
        at org.eclipse.swt.internal.gtk.OS.<clinit>(OS.java:22)
        at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Converter.wcsToMbcs(Converter.java:63)
        at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Converter.wcsToMbcs(Converter.java:54)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:126)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.isValidSubclass(Widget.java:867)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Decorations.checkSubclass(Decorations.java:
162)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.<init>(Shell.java:248)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.<init>(Shell.java:338)
        at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.createShell(Window.java:482)
        at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.create(Window.java:425)
        at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:785)
        at com.android.traceview.MainWindow.run(MainWindow.java:58)
        at com.android.traceview.MainWindow.main(MainWindow.java:190)

I do use the 64bit version of Eclipse for development, I know SWT
works on my computer. What do I need to do to make traceview work on
my computer?
For now, I copy the trace files to my laptop, which has a 32 bits
architecture.

3. Widget Unresponsive after Opening/Closing

4. Google Maps Data API and ClientLogin

5. switch between GPS and Networkprovider

6. adb is not detecting my new android phone

7. Use own map layer in Google Maps