changing owner of a file in Windows environment

by Yalcin » Mon, 01 Sep 2008 03:35:27 GMT

 In (windows environment / in adb shell) I want to change the owner of
my database file from 'root' to 'app_21'.
is there a busybox tool for my environment?

thanks in advance.

changing owner of a file in Windows environment

by Justin (Google Employee) » Wed, 03 Sep 2008 04:32:00 GMT

 (1) you can change the owner of your file in the shell, lookup how to
use the 'chown' command
(2) This is probably *not* what you want to do? Where is your database
file located? It should be in your application's data directory. If it
is, you should have access to it. If its not, it seems like you're
probably not doing something the recommended way.

Cheers,
Justin
Android Team @ Google

changing owner of a file in Windows environment

by Justin (Google Employee) » Wed, 03 Sep 2008 04:32:48 GMT

 Oops, 'chown' is not available on the emulator. So, let's look at my
second point.

Cheers,
Justin
Android Team @ Google

changing owner of a file in Windows environment

by Yalcin Akdogan » Wed, 03 Sep 2008 04:44:44 GMT

 Hi Justin,

my database is in:
/data/data/com.zmc.android.provider/databases

i populate my database outside of the emulator, this is my problem. if i push
it to emulator, then owner is root.

Yalcin
  (1) you can change the owner of your file in the shell, lookup how to
  use the 'chown' command
  (2) This is probably *not* what you want to do? Where is your database
  file located? It should be in your application's data directory. If it
  is, you should have access to it. If its not, it seems like you're
  probably not doing something the recommended way.

  Cheers,
  Justin
  Android Team @ Google

  > In (windows environment / in adb shell) I want to change the owner of
  > my database file from 'root' to 'app_21'.
  > is there a busybox tool for my environment?
  >
  > thanks in advance.

1. Adding Rate this application capability

Hi All,

I have seen few android applications in which there is a capability
where they can give an option in the application itself to "Grade this
application".

Clicking on this option opens the respective application's page in the
android market where the user can put his rating.

I wan to know how this is achieved. I also want to give this feature
in my application.

Thanks & Best Regards
Amit

--

2. Headless emulator

Hi all,

I didn't find much on this anywhere and I have a feeling it is not
really possible but just in case - is there a way to launch the
emulator remotely without the necessary GUI (I can do that
using VNC etc. but it turns out to be too slow) and install/launch
apps on it?

3. Proximity alerts not fired

4. setselection() doesn't have visual effect

5. Problem debugging Android Bootup Service

6. Application without main activity

7. Listview problems