changing owner of a file in Windows environment

by Yalcin » Mon, 01 Sep 2008 03:35:27 GMT

 In (windows environment / in adb shell) I want to change the owner of
my database file from 'root' to 'app_21'.
is there a busybox tool for my environment?

thanks in advance.

changing owner of a file in Windows environment

by Justin (Google Employee) » Wed, 03 Sep 2008 04:32:00 GMT

 (1) you can change the owner of your file in the shell, lookup how to
use the 'chown' command
(2) This is probably *not* what you want to do? Where is your database
file located? It should be in your application's data directory. If it
is, you should have access to it. If its not, it seems like you're
probably not doing something the recommended way.

Cheers,
Justin
Android Team @ Google

changing owner of a file in Windows environment

by Justin (Google Employee) » Wed, 03 Sep 2008 04:32:48 GMT

 Oops, 'chown' is not available on the emulator. So, let's look at my
second point.

Cheers,
Justin
Android Team @ Google

changing owner of a file in Windows environment

by Yalcin Akdogan » Wed, 03 Sep 2008 04:44:44 GMT

 Hi Justin,

my database is in:
/data/data/com.zmc.android.provider/databases

i populate my database outside of the emulator, this is my problem. if i push
it to emulator, then owner is root.

Yalcin
  (1) you can change the owner of your file in the shell, lookup how to
  use the 'chown' command
  (2) This is probably *not* what you want to do? Where is your database
  file located? It should be in your application's data directory. If it
  is, you should have access to it. If its not, it seems like you're
  probably not doing something the recommended way.

  Cheers,
  Justin
  Android Team @ Google

  > In (windows environment / in adb shell) I want to change the owner of
  > my database file from 'root' to 'app_21'.
  > is there a busybox tool for my environment?
  >
  > thanks in advance.

1. Can't keep AlertDialog on screen when KeyEvent.KEYCODE_BACK is handled with 1.5 (??)

It's not a bug. I'm guessing you were expecting AlertDialog.show() to block
until the user makes the choice, but that's not how it works.
It's easy to make this work though: simply don't call super.onKeyDown() when
the user pressed the back button. That will keep the system from ending your
activity. Then just call finish() when you do want to end the activity.

2. how to have onItemClickListener for setListAdapter(new EfficientAdapter(this));?

Hi,

i need image and text on list view and i am using list 14 example in
API demo.
i can have image and text in listview but wondering how to implement
onItemClickListener for each position

anybody help plz

3. How to create a simple list of names, with personal image for each row

4. socket (server and client)_

5. Does the android 1.5 browser support navigator.geolocation?

6. How to know if we are in home screen

7. Android and Netbeans