Is it possible to develop and upload Android 2.1 apps onto Motorola backflip?

by Tommy » Tue, 27 Apr 2010 14:12:34 GMT

 I currently have a backflip and droid and see no problems using either for
developement.

-----Original Message-----
From: android-developers@googlegroups.com
[mailto:android-develop...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Mark Murphy
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2010 8:53 PM
To: android-developers@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [android-developers] Is it possible to develop and upload
Android 2.1 apps onto Motorola backflip?

Personally, I don't have one yet. I have been following it closely,
given the AT&T restrictions, which is how I knew it worked with the
developer tools for installing apps.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
 http://commonsware.com  |  http://twitter.com/commonsguy

Android Consulting:  http://commonsware.com/consulting

1. Android 2.3 SDK Emulator is very slow

Hello!

I use Eclipse + ADT + Android SDK for development.
Current configuration is Eclipse Helios SR1 20100917-0705  +  ADT
8.0.1.v201012062107-82219  +  Android 2.3 SDK on Windows 7 32-bit.

SDK emulator works very slow or freezes at the boot time. Here is the
summary of what was done/observed.

1) The problem appeared after I updated my SDK to 2.3, and ADT to
8.0.0 (and then 8.0.1).
I haven't observed such problem before 2.3/8.0.0 update. Clean install
of Eclipse and SDK doesn't help.

2) It doesn't look like ADT or Eclipse problem, because running
emulator.exe directly from console gives exactly the same result (as
well as using SDK Manager).

3) It doesn't matter what AVD target is. Reproduced for 2.1/2.2/2.3.

4) Running emulator -debug-all it stucks at (emulator windows is not
responding):
emulator: goldfish_audio_write: AUDIO_INT_ENABLE 7
emulator: goldfish_audio_write: AUDIO_INT_ENABLE 0
emulator: goldfish_audio_write: AUDIO_INT_ENABLE 7
emulator: goldfish_audio_write: AUDIO_INT_ENABLE 0
emulator: goldfish_audio_write: AUDIO_INT_ENABLE 7

5) "emulator -noaudio" doesn't help. I also tried to give more memory
("-memory"), but it doesn't help too.

I appreciate any suggestions of what can I do to fix the problem.

Alexei.

--

2. 15 minute refund did not work

I just had a cancellation much longer than 15 minutes.See Below.

Sold on Jan 2, 2011 3:29:59 AM CST
Cancelled on Jan 2, 2011 12:36:21 PM CST

Is the 15 minute cancellation still in effect?Or it has a bug?

--

3. Does SoftReference calls .recyle() on a Bitmap ?

4. is there any htc & mototola specific emulator to test apps?

5. Making my app a library, resource problems

6. uninstall TTS data from Android >= 1.6 ?

7. zoom and drag code registering but not actually working...