Is it possible to develop and upload Android 2.1 apps onto Motorola backflip?

by Tommy » Tue, 27 Apr 2010 14:12:34 GMT

 I currently have a backflip and droid and see no problems using either for
developement.

-----Original Message-----
From: android-developers@googlegroups.com
[mailto:android-develop...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Mark Murphy
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2010 8:53 PM
To: android-developers@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [android-developers] Is it possible to develop and upload
Android 2.1 apps onto Motorola backflip?

Personally, I don't have one yet. I have been following it closely,
given the AT&T restrictions, which is how I knew it worked with the
developer tools for installing apps.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
 http://commonsware.com  |  http://twitter.com/commonsguy

Android Consulting:  http://commonsware.com/consulting

1. CaseClose ! OOT : Telkomsel Internet Error ?

........ok, udah ya........Thx semua info nya, emang lagi "ngambek" si
Telkomsel ini

*mudah2an cepet baek :D

Jus* x10_mini_1.6 || cupcake,donut,eclair or froyo sama2 enak and its android-google || ~ http://jus2005.multiply.com ~ -- "Indonesian Android Community [id-android]"

2. getAppWidgetIds returning too much data

Hello,

I am in the process of updating my widget to allow appearance configuration. There is a config activity, and a few preference values, organized by widget id. My widgets are updated outside onUpdate in response to Wi-Fi events, and the code need to apply individual configuration to each widget. To get widget ids, I do this: ComponentName thisWidget = new ComponentName(context, WifiWidget.class); AppWidgetManager manager = AppWidgetManager.getInstance(context); int[] appWidgetIds = manager.getAppWidgetIds(thisWidget); For some reason getAppWidgetIds returns many more values than there are widgets. I have just one widget on the home screen, and appWidgetIds has eight (8) values. I suspect the other 7 values are old, no longer active, instances of the same widget. Since my code has no way to tell active from inactive widgets (this is what getAppWidgetIds is supposed to do!), it means my code builds and marshalls eight times as many updates as possible. I guess there is also a threat of ANRs because of this. This is Moto Milestone with Android 2.1. Am I correct about the source of these incorrect widget IDs? Any suggestions for a workaround? Instead of allowing the user to configure a widget, I could create parallel versions of the same widget, so the user would pick the desired variation from the installed widgets list. But this could be really annoying. -- Kostya Vasilev -- WiFi Manager + pretty widget -- http://kmansoft.wordpress.com --

3. How comes that the estimate time becomes negative

4. Trying to create wizard-like layout

5. Should I put "Please visit our sponsors" above my ads ?

6. Porting on Nokia N95 ?

7. Accessories HTC Desire, Google Nexus One, Motorola Milestone - Motorola Droid, Samsung Galaxy Spica, Universal USB Car Charger.