The state of the "Android" trademark..

by Al Sutton » Fri, 01 May 2009 14:43:56 GMT

  http://www.forbes.com/2009/04/30/android-google-lawsuit-technology-wireless-
android.html

Now hopefully Google will stop acting like they invented and own the word.

Al.

---

* Written an Android App? - List it at  http://andappstore.com/  *

======
company number  6741909. The registered head office is Kemp House,
152-160 City Road, London,  UK.

subsidiaries.

The state of the "Android" trademark..

by Muthu Ramadoss » Fri, 01 May 2009 14:53:03 GMT

 Interesting. An out of court settlement is in order.

take care,
Muthu Ramadoss.

 http://linkedin.com/in/tellibitz
 http://androidrocks.googlecode.com  - Android Consulting.

Sent from Chennai, TN, India

The state of the "Android" trademark..

by Incognito » Fri, 01 May 2009 15:12:35 GMT

 I hope they crush that developer. He is just trying to see if he can milk the
big cow. Disgusting.

 http://www.forbes.com/2009/04/30/android-google-lawsuit-technology-wireless-
android.html

Now hopefully Google will stop acting like they invented and own the word.

Al.

---

* Written an Android App? - List it at  http://andappstore.com/  *

======
company number  6741909. The registered head office is Kemp House,
152-160 City Road, London,  UK.

subsidiaries.

The state of the "Android" trademark..

by Al Sutton » Fri, 01 May 2009 15:20:13 GMT

 I hope they have to relinquish all claim to being able to restrict the use
of the word Android in a computing related context.

As for damages, well, I hope they only have to cover his legal costs if they
try and fight it.

Al.

---

* Written an Android App? - List it at  http://andappstore.com/  *

======
company number  6741909. The registered head office is Kemp House,
152-160 City Road, London,  EC1V 2NX, UK.

subsidiaries.

I hope they crush that developer. He is just trying to see if he can milk
the big cow. Disgusting.

 http://www.forbes.com/2009/04/30/android-google-lawsuit-technology-wireless-
android.html

Now hopefully Google will stop acting like they invented and own the word.

Al.

---

* Written an Android App? - List it at  http://andappstore.com/  *

======
Funky Android Limited is registered in England & Wales with the company
number  6741909. The registered head office is Kemp House, 152-160 City
Road, London,  UK.

subsidiaries.

The state of the "Android" trademark..

by Eric Wong (hdmp4.com) » Fri, 01 May 2009 18:17:25 GMT

 mm.....A quick solution would be to simply buy-out their company with
their trademark.....that is if they are willing to sell it but I guess
not.

Anyway, how come we don't see more publicity around this issue then?
kinda shows the Android name is still far behind Ipod's or Windows
mobile's.

LOL...
Eric

The state of the "Android" trademark..

by Jesper Lundgren » Fri, 01 May 2009 20:01:36 GMT

 hmm, welll.
 http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/aug2005/tc20050817_0949_tc024.htm< ;-
Google bought "Android inc" so.... i am pretty sure the reason they
did
that was to get the name

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 12:17 PM, Eric Wong (hdmp4.com) <ericwon...@gmail.com

The state of the "Android" trademark..

by Mike Hearn » Fri, 01 May 2009 20:20:58 GMT

 > I hope they have to relinquish all claim to being able to restrict the use

Why? That makes no sense. If I buy an "Android Phone" but it isn't
actually Android, or worse is Android but with major API changes that
make it no longer Android from an app perspective, I am screwed.

The state of the "Android" trademark..

by JP » Fri, 01 May 2009 21:53:28 GMT

 On May 1, 3:17 am, "Eric Wong (hdmp4.com)" <ericwon...@gmail.com>

Something along this line is probably the hoped-for outcome. Business
must be slow up North.

Remember Monster Cable get constantly whacked in public for suing
anybody under the sun who use "Monster" in their company name, making
cables or not.

The state of the "Android" trademark..

by dan raaka » Sat, 02 May 2009 00:34:21 GMT

 I hope Google at least comes out with a statement on this and calm down
things, either way that they can fight this and drown the other guy in legal
limbo and reach out of court settlement !!

The state of the "Android" trademark..

by lbcoder » Sat, 02 May 2009 01:20:59 GMT

 If I were him, I wouldn't be trying to draw this kind of attention
with a name like "Android Data". Does anybody else think that there is
good reason for Paramount to start something against him?

The state of the "Android" trademark..

by Incognito » Sat, 02 May 2009 01:34:15 GMT

 If he truely is the legal owner of android then he has a right to litigate.

If I were him, I wouldn't be trying to draw this kind of attention
with a name like "Android Data". Does anybody else think that there is
good reason for Paramount to start something against him?

I hope Google at least comes out with a statement on this and calm down
things, either way that they can fight this and drown the other guy in legal
limbo and reach out of court settlement !!

On May 1, 3:17 am, "Eric Wong (hdmp4.com)" <ericwon...@gmail.com>

mm.....A quick solution would be to simply buy-out their company

Something along this line is probably the hoped-for outcome. Business
must be slow up North.

Remember Monster Cable get constantly whacked in public for suing
anybody under the sun who use "Monster" in their company name, making
cables or not.

The state of the "Android" trademark..

by schwiz » Sat, 02 May 2009 03:57:46 GMT

 this is just stupid, what is stopping this guy from sueing every
company with the word Data or Corporation in their name?  Android is
in Websters dictionary, it was a term coined in the 1700s you can't
OWN that.  I really think the patent and trademark laws both need a
major overhaul in the states, it makes me sick to my stomach what
people can own the rights too these days.  Grinding innovation and
creativity to a halt.

The state of the "Android" trademark..

by Incognito » Sat, 02 May 2009 05:35:03 GMT

 Tell that to apple. It is not uncommon.

[...]

by Sundog » Sat, 02 May 2009 06:12:38 GMT

 Ahh, how simple the world is before one learns anything.

1. [WTS] Tablet Android Eken M002

Jadi dong, tapi skrg masih belajar bikin program di Androidnya, untuk
ambil data accelerometer, compass, gps. Belajar juga tcp listenernya dan
juga streaming out video dari camera. Harus pelan-pelan krn belajarnya
bareng anak 7 tahun, nggak bisa ngebut sendiri.

salam
-iggy

robotnya gmana, om iggy? jadi bikin ga? :D
-- ===============

2. intents or activities run during app install/uninstall like rpm %post/%postun?

RPM lets you specify scripts that can be run at different phases of
the install/unstall process. Is there any equivalent for Android apps?
I'd like to do things like create and populate a DB for instance.

Ted

--

3. Apakah samsung galaxy Samsung I 5503 dpt upgrade dr Ecair ke Froyo ?

4. http pipelining

5. problem in installing android sdk in proxy network

6. Adobe Air for Andoid App - Trouble Bringing App to Foreground (actionscript 3)

7. who prevails with audio in simultaneous cell phone and VOIP calls?