why was PageTurner removed?

by rukiman » Thu, 01 May 2008 09:13:44 GMT

 I see that in M3 of the SDK, the PageTurner existed which created the
page turning effect, however it is removed from M5. Why was it
removed? Is there an alternative to get this page turning effect or
will it be reintroduced in the future?

why was PageTurner removed?

by Romain Guy » Thu, 01 May 2008 09:18:34 GMT

 Hi,

There is no alternative to PageTurner in the current SDK and it will
not be reintroduced.

--
Romain Guy
www.curious-creature.org

why was PageTurner removed?

by rukiman » Thu, 01 May 2008 13:09:27 GMT

 Anyone know the reason behind why it was removed?

why was PageTurner removed?

by Romain Guy » Thu, 01 May 2008 15:40:53 GMT

 We removed it because this widget is not generic enough to justify the
cost of maintaining it in the Android UI framework.

--
Romain Guy
www.curious-creature.org

why was PageTurner removed?

by rukiman » Fri, 02 May 2008 00:22:54 GMT

 Thanks for the reply. Is it possible to get the source code to the
PageTurner.java ?

Also where does the source code for Android live?

why was PageTurner removed?

by rukiman » Fri, 02 May 2008 01:28:06 GMT

 Also is there an alternative way of getting the page turning effect in
Android using existing implementation?

If not, I would like your opinion on which is the best way to
implement the page turning effect. Thanks for your help.

why was PageTurner removed?

by rukiman » Fri, 02 May 2008 05:29:29 GMT

 OK I managed to get the source code by decompiling the
PageTurner.class file from the M3 SDK. But I would still like to know
if there is a correct way of doing this in the correct implementation?
Or what would be the right way of implementing this feature?

why was PageTurner removed?

by rukiman » Wed, 14 May 2008 00:37:08 GMT

 k I have managed to get a PageTurner working. Here is the code I got
to get it running. YES yes yes I know it doesnt exist in M5 SDK. But
someone who is familiar, can they look through this code and tell me
if I am using the class as it was intended. I have a few questions
with this.

1) How do I get the second view page turned, at the moment I am using
a bitmap background using setPageBackground().
2) Do I really need to addview the second page into PageTurner class.
3) Am I flipping over to the second view correctly, I am doing it in
onPageTurnFinished();

Here is the source code, due to the PageTurner and Page parameters no
longer being recognized by the XML schema, I have had to create them
programmatically.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<LinearLayout android:id="@+id/widget27"
android:layout_width="fill_parent"
android:layout_height="fill_parent"
xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
android:orientation="vertical">

<Button android:id="@+id/widget28"
android:layout_width="wrap_content"
android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:text="Hit me!">

</Button>

</LinearLayout>

package com.ruki.pageturnerdemo;

import android.app.Activity;
import android.os.Bundle;
import android.widget.*;
import android.graphics.*;
import android.view.View.OnClickListener;
import android.view.View;
import android.util.Log;

public class PageTurnerDemo extends Activity {

private PageTurner binder;
private Page page2;
private Page page1;
private RelativeLayout.LayoutParams linear5layout;
private static final String TAG = "RUKIDEMO";

@Override
public void onCreate(Bundle icicle) {
super.onCreate(icicle);

Log.v(TAG, "start demo");

// display the xml gui
setContentView(R.layout.main);

// get reference to layout defined in xml
LinearLayout layout = (LinearLayout)
findViewById(R.id.widget27);

// set up click listener on button
Button b = (Button) findViewById(R.id.widget28);
b.setOnClickListener(pageturn);

// create pageturner
binder = new PageTurner(this);

// set up page1 and content
page1 = new Page(this);

page1.setBackPage(this.getResources().getDrawable(R.drawable.backpage));

page1.setPageBackground(this.getResources().getDrawable(R.drawable.bottompage));
page1.setCallback(pageturncallback);
page1.setCorner(Page.CORNER_BOTTOM_RIGHT);
TextView text1 = new TextView(this);
text1.setText("This is the content for page 1 \nblah \nblah
\nblah
some content here...here is a text widget but there can be any bunch
of widgets here...blah blah");
RelativeLayout.LayoutParams linear1layout = new
RelativeLayout.LayoutParams(
RelativeLayout.LayoutParams.FILL_PARENT,
RelativeLayout.LayoutParams.FILL_PARENT);
linear

Other Threads

1. Aksesoris Handphone Android + HTC Desire BNIB & Motorola Droid BNIB (Turun Harga)

Sori bukan mo ngerecok...
Ada masalah apa sih sama emailnya?

dikirim dari botol kecap ABC

1. HTC Desire BNIB + Microsd 4GB : 6,5 juta (senin barang
sampe/hari ini udah di bea cukai jakarta)-------------------- Kalau
mau transaksi nunggu barang datang +
500

2. Motorola Droid BNIB : 3,75 juta (Barang sampe senin)------------- SOLD

3. Motorola Droid Mulus + Chrger ori+ Kabel Data ori ----- 3,25jt
(Barang dah nyampe di rumah) ----------- SOLD ---------- proses
pengiriman ke buyer

4. Motorola Droid batangan Mulus ----------- 3,1juta (barang nyampe
+/7 hari)------ available
**Kalau mau transaksi nunggu barang datang + 500

5. Motorola Droid Batangan Mulus ---------- 3 juta (barang nyampe 7-10
hari) ------- available
**Kalau mau transaksi nunggu barang datang + 500

*#Aksesoris:
*1. Battere Spica OEM ------------- 100 rebu

2. Desktop Charger spica -------- 100 rebu
   *Beli sepaket --------------------- 175 rebu

3. Silicone Case Cantik Spica ------------- 100 rebu---- sold out

4. {*filter*} Case Spica Black n White ------------- 70 rebu

5. Silicone Case Nexus ----------------------  45 rebu

6. Batere 900 mAh+ Desktop Charger HTC Magic ----- 200
rebu ----- sold

7. Batere OEM HTC Eris 1500mAh------------ 100 rebu

8. Anti Glare HTC Legend -----------  50 rebu

9. Anti Glare Spica --------------------- 50 rebu.

10. Anti Glare Ipad ---------------------- 125 rebu

11. Screen Protector clear type nexus ------- 35 rebu

12. Screen Protector clear type SPICA ------ 35 rebu

13. Anti Glare SE X10 ------------ 50 rebu

14. Anti Glare Desire ------------- 50 rebu

15. Anti Glare Hero -------------  50 rebu

16. Kabel data CA-101 --------- 40 rebu

17. Konverter mini usb to micro usb ----- 40 rebu

(semua barang sudah termasuk ongkos jakarta-bandung)

Japri: dedi.sop...@gmail.com
CP: 022-91725785 (lokasi bandung kirim luar kota pake JNE)

Join:  http://www.***.com/
Moderator: id.andr...@gmail.com
ID Android Developer:  http://www.***.com/
ID Android Surabaya:  http://www.***.com/
ID Android on FB:  http://www.***.com/

Join:  http://www.***.com/
Moderator: id.andr...@gmail.com
ID Android Developer:  http://www.***.com/
ID Android Surabaya:  http://www.***.com/
ID Android on FB:  http://www.***.com/

2. some users getting package not signed correctly

A small percentage of our users are getting a package not signed
correctly error when installing our app that was downloaded from the
Market.  They can't re-download from the Market, so we are having to
get them to download and install it from our site, which works fine.
It seems to happen to maybe 1% of our users, and only for our paid
app, not for the free one (at least that we've heard of, naturally the
paid users are going to contact us more than the free ones).

I'm guessing it's a problem when the download is corrupted for some
reason, but in that case shouldn't the Market let them re-download it
and try again?

Anyone else seeing this?

-- Peter

--

3. Doc/howTo/faq Milestone 2.1update1 ROO

4. Emulator's /dev/ttyS0

5. SSL handshake logging in Android

6. space rom di g1 dengan costum rom cm5.0.7

7. Newb: Display URL Image