The application camera has stopped error

by Amit Sood » Wed, 21 Jul 2010 03:57:28 GMT

 Hello Experts,

I am trying to run my camera on my emulator, but every time i try
running it i get the following error.

the application camera (process com.android.camera) has stopped
unexpectedly. please try again

Please advice

Massive thanks

--

The application camera has stopped error

by tinyang » Wed, 21 Jul 2010 06:20:24 GMT

 First, check your logcat and post the lines generated by the error.
Secondly, what version of android are you running it on when you get this
error, and what are you trying to do with the camera?  The offending code
snippet might be helpful also.

I am trying to run my camera on my emulator, but every time i try running it
i get the following error.

the application camera (process com.android.camera) has stopped
unexpectedly. please try again

Please advice

Massive thanks

1. Gesture Failure

right then when i was sitting around sumone messed with my android
phone and messed up the gesture attempts now it says login with
account detail but which do i use

address i sign in to google with ?
gmail?
secondary address?

and if so my password for what gmail google accounr  ?  :S

2. Capturing key events from a background app.

Hi all

Was wondering why is capturing key events (key press, key release
etc..) from a background app considered a more serious security issue
than capturing phone calls from background apps?

If you are going to make a phone call capturing app, then the
installer notifies the end user of:
"Phone calls - Intercept outgoing phone calls" and "Hardware control -
record audio"
Notice that it won't directly tell the user that the app will actually
record outgoing AND incoming calls - only that it want's to record
some kind of audio and it intercepts outgoing calls and does not tell
anything regarding incoming calls.

So it's possible for a malicious app to record ALL your phone calls
without you noticing it (after installing the app). A malicious user
can take your phone if you leave it unattended and install the app
there and you have no idea that all your calls are being recorded and
uploaded to the net for example.

Why isn't the same logic applied to capturing key events? Some people
have said that it would be a huge security risk if you would allow an
app to do that (eg capturing usernames/passwords). Now why is this
considered a bigger security risk than recording phone calls? The
average user won't enter any of his/her usernames anyway on the
G1after he has registered the phone with his g-account the first time
the phone boots. The average user makes/receives phone calls, sends
SMS or plays some games.. and once in a while browses some websites
that do not require a log in.

Recording phone calls allows an attacker to get n-times more
sensitive/personal details about the user than recording
usernames/passwords. I mean.. so what if an attacker gets a password
for the average mailbox/forum - he will find only pictures of LOLcats,
the occasional "Joe sent you an e-card" and huge amount of ...
enlargement spam. Now imagine if an attacker gets access to all your
phone calls... to me at least, this seems WAY scarier.

I just want to understand the reasoning behind allowing recording and
disallowing key events. It's a decision that I just can't understand
:(

(And no, I personally don't care if an app can/can't do any of the two
things - they are not features that I need.. I'm just curious)

Tauno

3. The Best G1 Wallpapers...

4. Should be able to launch an Activity from the browser (not a WebView)

5. When does one use a SurfaceView vs a View?

6. Customizing ListAdapter

7. Receive notification for onDestroy, onStop, and onPause etc in other applications?