Does VPN could work on Donut

by Kerr » Thu, 03 Sep 2009 15:09:26 GMT

 Dear All,
I tested the VPN function involved in Domut for several days, but
iseemed not to work. Could the android officer tell us if the VPN
could work correctly, or special setting should be made.

My test envirentment is as folllowing.
Host PC: Unbuntu 8.xx
VMWare: run Window Server 2003, Window XP
Android Emulator: run on Host PC,
The VPN protocal I used : PPTP

After all setting, I could connected to the VPN(on server2003) from
windows XP, but couldn't connect from emulator.

On the emulator VPN settting, I used
1, Add PPTP VPN.
2, Server: use direct ip address, for example 192.168.50.131
3, DNS: left none
4, I tried to modify the system/ect/hosts, and add xxx.com to
192.168.50.131, and in the VPN Server editbox, use xxx.com, it didn't
work also.

When I opened the Eclipse Logcat, I see the error as following:

INFO/mtpd(757): Creating PPPoX socket
INFO/mtpd(757): Socket() Address family not supported by protocol
###note this

It seems that PPPoX socket is not compatible with VPN server protocal,
is that true?
So, How could work with VPN correctly?

Regards!

Kerr

Does VPN could work on Donut

by Kerr » Fri, 04 Sep 2009 11:12:01 GMT

[...]

1. Programmatically check whether Market shows paid apps

It is more complicated than that.

In some countries, you can access paid or only non-paid apps depending
on the provider you are currently using:
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=3852

In OI Notepad and OI Shopping List, we provide both links for
extensions and themes (menu > settings > get add-ons): The first one
to Market, and the second one to our developer homepage. We hope
people figure that they should try the second link if the first one
does not show sensible results.

Peli
www.openintents.org

--

2. Fwd: WTShare : DocsToGo Full Version

Bukannyah di sini dah kudu 'sopan' dan.......langsung japri?

_____
have you googled anything today?