HTC Eris update

by Brian Conrad » Mon, 14 Dec 2009 05:30:48 GMT

 So what got updated?  The firmware still says 1.5 though the software
says 1.16.  So when I wanted to test a form that uses RelativeLayouts
which were fixed in 1.6 it won't run saying the phone is still 1.5.

- Brian

--

HTC Eris update

by Jeff » Mon, 14 Dec 2009 05:35:10 GMT

 It was just a maintenance release update and not an upgrade to 1.6:

 http://learning.verizonwireless.com/learning/Droid_Eris_Sofware_Update.pdf

Verizon confirms that Droid Eris will receive an OS update sometime in
Q1 2010:

 http://www.cnet.com/8301-19736_1-10409482-251.html

Jeff

Trackaroo.com
Trackmaster - Motorsports Lap Timer  http://trackmaster.trackaroo.com
Dynomaster - Performance Dyno  http://dynomaster.trackaroo.com

HTC Eris update

by Brian Conrad » Mon, 14 Dec 2009 06:31:45 GMT

 Problem is that the release update doesn't make that clear and a lot of
blogs thought it was going to be for 1.6.
I got rid of a foward reference and the layout worked with 1.5.

- Brian

Other Threads

1. How to set Connection mode?

Hi all,

I want to provide option to users...for Connection mode with web
server for services(XML)..
How can i set the connection to use
 Wi-Fi or
 Direct or
 MDS or
 WAP connection mode..
Is there any way to set the connection to use SSL?
plz help me..

Thanks..
Vikky

--