Development Question

by Tommy » Thu, 08 Jul 2010 04:10:05 GMT

 Hey everyone,

I just rooted my moto droid. Now I am wondering if it is possible to
drop 1.5 or other versions of the OS on the phone and if so how? If
anyone could explain how I do this or link some forums that explain
this. Or is there maybe a dual boot option b/c I don't want to always
us 1.5 only for testing purposes.

--

Development Question

by Tommy » Fri, 09 Jul 2010 05:31:37 GMT

 Anybody?

-----Original Message-----
From: android-developers@googlegroups.com
[mailto:android-develop...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Tommy
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 4:10 PM
To: Android Developers
Subject: [android-developers] Development Question

Hey everyone,

I just rooted my moto droid. Now I am wondering if it is possible to
drop 1.5 or other versions of the OS on the phone and if so how? If
anyone could explain how I do this or link some forums that explain
this. Or is there maybe a dual boot option b/c I don't want to always
us 1.5 only for testing purposes.

Development Question

by Wayne Wenthin » Fri, 09 Jul 2010 06:06:07 GMT

 You might try on boards that are dedicated to rooting devices.  This is a
place for developing programs for android.
forum.xda-developers.com  might be a good spot to start.

Development Question

by Tommy » Fri, 09 Jul 2010 06:42:01 GMT

 Thanks, I'll give that board a try. Thanks for your time and help!

I just rooted my moto droid. Now I am wondering if it is possible to
drop 1.5 or other versions of the OS on the phone and if so how? If
anyone could explain how I do this or link some forums that explain
this. Or is there maybe a dual boot option b/c I don't want to always
us 1.5 only for testing purposes.

1. 30 Days of Android Applications

I decided to continue Chris Craft (http://www.cjcraft.com/blog/
2008/06/01/30DaysOfNETWindowsMobileApplications.aspx) and AppsAmuck
(http://appsamuck.com/) marathon starting series of 30 Days of
Android Applications publications.

I plan on writing one application per day: interesting, useful, and
mostly complete.

Although there are a lot Android projects with available sources, I
hope it will be useful resource to start up developing mobile
applications.

2. Weird ringtone bug...any solutions??

I was wondering if anyone knows how to set a ringtone from off the
sdcard correctly cause obviously I'm doing it wrong.

For some reason, I'll set the ringtone(it's actually picked randomly)
as the default ringtone using the
RingtoneManager.setActualDefaultRingtoneUri() method. This works, and
it show's that ringtone as the default ringtone in the settings menu
(as well as plays the correct tone), but when I get called it plays a
system ring instead of that default ringtone I set.

Has anyone else ran into this problem?? I've been looking everywhere
online with no luck. I actually have a feeling it has something with
the formatting of the Uri but I'm not sure on how else to format it.

My current format:
        Uri ringtoneUri = Uri.fromFile(new File(directory +"/" + ringtones.get
(whatTone)));

directory = "/sdcard/media/ringtones" --- Just an example, this is
actually user generated
ringtones.get(whatTone) = "BlindedInChains.mp3" --- Also just an
example

End result of this format:
"file:///sdcard/media/ringtones/BlindedInChains.mp3"

Is this wrong?? Help Please!! :)
Thanks in advance!

3. finding open-source community-contributed Android projects

4. Trouble with comparisons

5. Fastboot procedure

6. How to log test results in a file?

7. How to Handle Multiple Adapters for one ListView