Proxy - 0.9 Beta SDK

by Nemat » Sat, 06 Sep 2008 13:21:10 GMT

 hi......

How http proxy should be set to run the internet on the emulator
browser??

I got the error "Host is unresolved".

How it can be solved........???

Proxy - 0.9 Beta SDK

by Shibu Devasia » Sat, 06 Sep 2008 20:31:15 GMT

 Yeah, lot of peopel have spent lot of time solving this problem including
me.
Hope the below solution will help u and avoid what we have gone through.

Solution 1:
 http://code.google.com/android/reference/emulator.html #proxy

or

Solution 2:
Ttry to update the emmualtor's settngs.db with another command line
adb shell sqlite3
/data/data/com.google.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db
"\"INSERT INTO system VALUES(99,'http_proxy','[HOST]:[PORT]');\""

u wont be having sqlite3 in 0.9 sdk so download it from internet {
 http://www.sqlite.org/download.html }  and keep it under the tools folder and
run the above command.

Let me knwon which of the solution worked. for me the first one worked  not
the second one.

Thanks,
Shibbs

[...]

by Nemat » Sun, 07 Sep 2008 10:48:27 GMT

 Hi....
I've tried both the ways but I cant do that.
I dont know whats the problem.
While working on fist one I got "Host is unresolved".
please correct me if I m wrong:
I wrote the command -http-proxy  http://192.168.0.1 :808 in additional
emulator command line option in Target while running the emulator.

1. Backporting from gingerbread to froyo-language support

Hi,

I'm trying to add more language support from gingerbread to froyo.
I've tried to take SDK from gingerbread and put it intro froyo and
compile it, but this didn't work. Anyoane has some idea on how this
could be done or some basic principles about backporting?

Thanks.

--

2. Fwd: How to Implement onChildClick Listener

Repeating Message
I also put this issue on
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5897093/android-expandablelistview-using-baseexpandablelistadapter
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5897093/android-expandablelistview-using-baseexpandablelistadapter>but
still not able what I am doing wrong to get the onChildClick Listener ...