SIP Stack

by vaibhav » Sat, 08 May 2010 12:21:40 GMT

 Hi

When I went through the document "opencore_framework_capabilities.pdf"
I came to know that Android supports RTP streaming for 3gpp format.

After doing a anaysis I found that the data from a server could be
streamed to the android device and played back. i.e the RTP payloads
sent from the server are parsed by the Android device and sent to the
decoder for playback.

1. I want to know if it is possible that the PCM data captured from a
camera and then encoded using a particular encoder could be streamed
using  RTP from  android code i.e is RTP sender support present in the
Android code ?. If not then can someone please mention what could be
the possible modifications required.

2. Does Android code support SIP stack ?.

SIP Stack

by mike » Mon, 10 May 2010 05:54:46 GMT

Hi When I went through the document "opencore_framework_capabilities.pdf" I came to know that Android supports RTP streaming for 3gpp format. After doing a anaysis I found that the data from a server could be streamed to the android device and played back. i.e the RTP payloads sent from the server are parsed by the Android device and sent to the decoder for playback. 1. I want to know if it is possible that the PCM data captured from a camera and then encoded using a particular encoder could be streamed using RTP from android code i.e is RTP sender support present in the Android code ?. If not then can someone please mention what could be the possible modifications required. 2. Does Android code support SIP stack ?.
I assume that know that RTP is the actual media payloads, and that SIP is the rendezvous protocol to facilitate setting up the RTP listeners via an SDP announcement? That said, it sounds like you ought to look into RTSP if what you're trying to do is just stream. SIP is very, very complicated in comparison, and has all kinds of issues surrounding NAT's that are likely to just confuse the issue if all you're trying to do is Server->Client streaming. Mike --

SIP Stack

by Nandan . » Mon, 10 May 2010 13:15:15 GMT

 yaa android cod support *sip stack s*uch as mjsip, now  pjsip is already
ported in android platform.

i can refer you just see sipdroid project.
sipdroid.org

you can use  rtpsender and reciver java file of sipdroid project of media
folder.

bhavesh

SIP Stack

by HeHe » Tue, 11 May 2010 00:05:15 GMT

 i saw this in sipdroid project FAQ:

  "Sipdroid now uses TCP for the signaling connection and keeps the
corresponding port open."

does anyone know how peer servers of sipdroid handle scalability when
there are a million of sipdroid clients connecting with the servers
using TCP?

as i observed, T-mobile Intermittently changes IP of my G1 phone
without any notice, which in fact tears down the TCP connection.

SIP Stack

by mike » Tue, 11 May 2010 00:33:20 GMT