When will google post official cupcake SDK

by Mattaku Betsujin » Fri, 10 Apr 2009 02:21:52 GMT

 Even a "beta" SDK would be helpful. There are lots of app developers who
don't necessarily know how to build cupcake from the GIT. Given that HTC
Magic (based on cupcake, I heard) is rolling out real soon now, wouldn't it
be nice to give the app developers a chance to test if their app is
compatible with cupcake?

Sure, Android API is supposed to be backwards compatible. However, there are
quite a few bugs in the G1 that I had to work around with ugly hacks. Now I
start to worry if those hacks would break on cupcake.

When will google post official cupcake SDK

by Al Sutton » Fri, 10 Apr 2009 02:23:32 GMT

  http://andappstore.com/AndroidPhoneApplications/sdk/

---

* Written an Android App? - List it at  http://andappstore.com/  *

======
company number  6741909. The registered head office is Kemp House,
152-160 City Road, London,  EC1V 2NX, UK.

subsidiaries.

  _____

Even a "beta" SDK would be helpful. There are lots of app developers who
don't necessarily know how to build cupcake from the GIT. Given that HTC
Magic (based on cupcake, I heard) is rolling out real soon now, wouldn't it
be nice to give the app developers a chance to test if their app is
compatible with cupcake?

Sure, Android API is supposed to be backwards compatible. However, there are
quite a few bugs in the G1 that I had to work around with ugly hacks. Now I
start to worry if those hacks would break on cupcake.

When will google post official cupcake SDK

by Howie » Fri, 10 Apr 2009 12:21:47 GMT

 When is Google planning on distributing an SDK that does not have such
a bug?

When will google post official cupcake SDK

by Al Sutton » Fri, 10 Apr 2009 14:42:36 GMT

 hen the fix is in the open source repo I'll roll some new SDKs.

As for a date for a Google originated SDK, there's no solid commitment to a
date as yet.

Al.

---