how to know data successfully saved on server

by AJ » Mon, 30 Aug 2010 15:08:29 GMT

 You must have written code for "posting data to server" in a thread.
So when you press the BACK key terminate that thread and show a screen
that "Failure Data posting to server" to user

Thanks,
AJ

--

how to know data successfully saved on server

by pramod.deore » Mon, 30 Aug 2010 15:16:11 GMT

 HI, AJ Thanks for reply,
 But instead of terminating the process what I want is : If user press
back button then also data is sent to server in background and after
successfully sending set screen or alertbox to the user showing status
of data i.e successfully saved on server or not.

how to know data successfully saved on server

by Mark Murphy » Mon, 30 Aug 2010 15:24:57 GMT

Step #1: Use an IntentService instead of a thread

Step #2: When the IntentService is done with the upload, it uses an
ordered broadcast to either update the on-screen activity or put a
Notification in the status bar

 http://commonsware.com/blog/2010/08/11/activity-notification-ordered-broadcast.html

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
 http://commonsware.com  |  http://github.com/commonsguy

Warescription: Three Android Books, Plus Updates, One Low Price!

--

how to know data successfully saved on server

by pramod.deore » Mon, 30 Aug 2010 15:29:13 GMT

 Thank you Sir,

1. Sori, test

Ngadat lagi gmail ?

@mta
|| Jus ||
~ envoyer  l'aide de tlphone google_one~
 CSDI V4 REMIX X10

2. just wti

Maksudnya?

*grauk2 pala*