sending mock location data to emulator?

by Tommy » Tue, 27 Oct 2009 08:53:26 GMT

 I follow guidelines here to provide mock data for emulator (http://
developer.android.com/guide/topics/location/index.html)
This line suggest that I must connect to emulator first:

"Launch your application in the Android emulator and open a terminal/
console in your SDK's /tools directory. Connect to the emulator
console. Now you can use:..."

Since I'm on Windows, I did it by using putty and telnet to localhost,
port 5554 (of the emulator). However I could never succeed.

Did I understand the instruction properly? (connect by telnet before
using "geo fix" to send mock data)
If yes, why couldn't I connect to the emu?

Thanks.

sending mock location data to emulator?

by Tim Hutt » Tue, 03 Nov 2009 06:27:25 GMT