Is it possible to integrate the speech input in other way, not only like in sample application?

by myhayloff » Fri, 26 Mar 2010 21:32:05 GMT

 I want to integrate the speech input to my keyboard, so I can't copy
and paste from sample application to get started. Is it possible to
integrate speech input in other way, not only like in sample
application, without using startActivityForResult(..) or something
like, without showing "Speak now".

1. AlertDialog in Android 1.5 and 2.0 / 2.0.1

Dear all,
            I am using AlertDialogs in an Android application, and
find that when I run them in an emulator that's configured for Android
2.0 or 2.0.1 SDK they appear fine and function as I intended. However,
running them in emulators configured for the Android 1.6 SDK or lower,
then nothing appears when it should. Is this a bug in the emulator, or
are there major differences in the SDKs when it comes to using
AlertDialogs.

Regards

Angus

--