how to remove a view

by Billsen » Thu, 11 Sep 2008 12:59:30 GMT

How to remove a view added by addContentView method?

Thanks,
Billsen

how to remove a view

by hackbod » Thu, 11 Sep 2008 14:49:58 GMT

 setContentView() replaces any existing views.  If you want finer-
grained control, you can setContentView() a top-level layout manager,
which you can then add and remove views in as you desire.

how to remove a view

by Billsen » Sat, 13 Sep 2008 02:23:06 GMT

 Would you please provide a little more information?  I loaded
R.layout.main by setContentView(), then added a view with
addContentView. I need to remove the view added by addContentView by
clicking a button.

Thanks,
Billsen

how to remove a view

by Kavi » Sat, 13 Sep 2008 03:12:25 GMT

 Look at the setVisibility method to change the visibility options for
the view.

 http://code.google.com/android/reference/android/view/View.html #setVisibility(int)

how to remove a view

by Billsen » Sat, 13 Sep 2008 04:56:39 GMT

 Thanks for your help. It works with setVisibility.

Re: how to remove a view

by Guilo » Fri, 20 May 2011 04:29:40 GMT

 I know it is old but I have the same problem. I want next to change the view
added by addContentView. Indeed recalling addContenView throws an Exception
:

05-19 22:28:31.785: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(11210):
java.lang.IllegalStateException: The specified child already has a parent.
You must call removeView() on the child's parent first.

1. Share via SMS/Email/Facebook/Twitter - sample code?

Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend an example or post that shows how to implement a
share via SMS/Email/Facebook/Twitter kind of thing for your app?

Muchas gracias in advance!!

pawpaw17

--

2. Message not getting poste

Hello Moderators,

I have been trying to send the message below since yesterday and I
have tried posting it two times. I am not able to see it getting
posted to the group. Can you please let me know why?

Thanks,
-Ray

Posting the following e-mail: