Populate spinner

by tinyang » Fri, 14 Aug 2009 02:56:14 GMT

 Is the only way to populate a spinner to use an array, or can something like
the menu.add() be used?

--
:-)

P Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

Populate spinner

by Jack Ha » Fri, 14 Aug 2009 03:31:46 GMT

 Can you be more specific on what you mean "menu.add()"?

--
Jack Ha
Open Source Development Center

The views, opinions and statements in this email are those of
the author solely in their individual capacity, and do not
necessarily represent those of T-Mobile USA, Inc.

Populate spinner

by tinyang » Fri, 14 Aug 2009 03:49:55 GMT

 Here is a webpage with a menu.add() example:
 http://www.brighthub.com/mobile/google-android/articles/28673.aspx

This example is what I am referring to with menu.add().

Can you be more specific on what you mean "menu.add()"?

--
Jack Ha
Open Source Development Center
obilestick together

The views, opinions and statements in this email are those of the author solely
in their individual capacity, and do not necessarily represent those of
T-Mobile USA, Inc.

6:12 PM

Populate spinner

by Erik Babel » Sun, 13 Sep 2009 05:02:04 GMT

 After spending a lot of time trying to re-invent the ArrayAdapter, I
came across this:

ArrayAdapter adapter = new ArrayAdapter<CharSequence>(
                                          this,
                                         android.R.layout.simple_spinner_item,
                        new CharSequence[] {"asdf","eeee","rrrr"});

Populate spinner

by Jack Ha » Sun, 13 Sep 2009 05:52:44 GMT

 You need to use an adapter to provide the data for the spinner. You
will get an UnsupportedOperationException exception if you call
Spinner.addView().

--
Jack Ha
Open Source Development Center
T  Mobile stick together
The coverage you need at the price you want

The views, opinions and statements in this email are those of
the author solely in their individual capacity, and do not
necessarily represent those of T-Mobile USA, Inc.

1. Line Breakdown

Hi All,

Im having a lot of trouble with what should be a very simple thing to
accomplish.

Im using canvas.drawText(...)
I want to insert linebreaks on my Text Strings, for example "\n".

My problem is some Strings are quite long, so i would like to break
the line instead of creating a substring and doing another drawText
(...) some pixels down.

Im i being clear?
Android does not interpret the \n. I tried everything and ran out of
ideas.

Does anybody faced this problem?

thanks in advance.
Mariano

--

2. Why R,java file is missing from Android open source apps

I am trying to Import open source Android app using Google and SVN
plugin for Eclipse but it seems all of them are missing the R.Java
file. I couldn't figure out how to generate R.java file or why is it
missing?

I have tried Importing the project as Android Project and eclipse
seems to create the gen folder but it remains empty.

Any help will be appreciated.

3. Debug.startMethodTracing(); leaves empty file

4. TimePicker newbe Q...what am I missing

5. Populate TableLayout from Webservice

6. How to run Android Market in simulator

7. imagebutton pressed image not showing ?