Populate spinner

by tinyang » Fri, 14 Aug 2009 02:56:14 GMT

 Is the only way to populate a spinner to use an array, or can something like
the menu.add() be used?

--
:-)

P Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

Populate spinner

by Jack Ha » Fri, 14 Aug 2009 03:31:46 GMT

 Can you be more specific on what you mean "menu.add()"?

--
Jack Ha
Open Source Development Center

The views, opinions and statements in this email are those of
the author solely in their individual capacity, and do not
necessarily represent those of T-Mobile USA, Inc.

Populate spinner

by tinyang » Fri, 14 Aug 2009 03:49:55 GMT

 Here is a webpage with a menu.add() example:
 http://www.brighthub.com/mobile/google-android/articles/28673.aspx

This example is what I am referring to with menu.add().

Can you be more specific on what you mean "menu.add()"?

--
Jack Ha
Open Source Development Center
obilestick together

The views, opinions and statements in this email are those of the author solely
in their individual capacity, and do not necessarily represent those of
T-Mobile USA, Inc.

6:12 PM

Populate spinner

by Erik Babel » Sun, 13 Sep 2009 05:02:04 GMT

 After spending a lot of time trying to re-invent the ArrayAdapter, I
came across this:

ArrayAdapter adapter = new ArrayAdapter<CharSequence>(
                                          this,
                                         android.R.layout.simple_spinner_item,
                        new CharSequence[] {"asdf","eeee","rrrr"});

Populate spinner

by Jack Ha » Sun, 13 Sep 2009 05:52:44 GMT

 You need to use an adapter to provide the data for the spinner. You
will get an UnsupportedOperationException exception if you call
Spinner.addView().

--
Jack Ha
Open Source Development Center
T  Mobile stick together
The coverage you need at the price you want

The views, opinions and statements in this email are those of
the author solely in their individual capacity, and do not
necessarily represent those of T-Mobile USA, Inc.

1. Localice Android applications and base system

Hi,
I'm new at this platform and I have bought my HTC Magic.
The initial  the platform
is amazing. At my region there are many cooficial languages, Spanish,
Galician
and others, but the Galician translation isn't included at the base system.

Is there and standarized method to translate the base system to galician
language?
I have been translating open source project for a long time so have my
android
terminal at my prefered language will be the best.

Thanks after all

2. Blogging Tool

Hi @ALL

I want to implement an Android application to add pictures (of the
phones gallery)  to an existing blog.
I managed to get hello world on the display, but what have i to do to
begin programing?
Thx for your help!

3. Listeners cause unexpected stop??

4. Showing only certain images with ACTION_VIEW

5. Emulator won't work. emulator window was out of view and was recentred

6. How to use the LevelListDrawable class

7. How to achieve transparency for a new activity