ads7846 touchscreen issue!

by Krishna Mohan » Sat, 11 Jul 2009 02:20:08 GMT

  I have a ads7846 touchscreen connected to a ARM through spi
interface. The issue which i am facing is the touch is not detected
properly. whenever i touch the TS, the top bar slides down and then
remains down as long as TS is kept touched and when not touched it
goes back to normal. This is the only thing happening with TS and
nothing else works..please help me.

Regards,
-Krishna

ads7846 touchscreen issue!

by Elvis Dowson » Sun, 12 Jul 2009 02:29:12 GMT

 Hi, have you calibrated the touchscreen? I have got the ads7846 working with
android for the gumstix Palo43 + Overo Earth TI OMAP3503. Ensure that you
have the tslib package to perform the required touchscreen calibration
routines. Then you will need to apply the patch to the InputDevice.java
file.
I will post the android patches in a separate post.

Best regards,

Elvis

ads7846 touchscreen issue!

by Krishna Mohan » Sun, 12 Jul 2009 23:44:09 GMT

 Hi Elbis,

I haven't calibrated the TS. If calibration is done only to know the
resolution of TS then I know the resolution.
Also let me know what patch needs to be applied to InputDevice.java file.

Thanks,
Krishna

ads7846 touchscreen issue!

by Krishna Mohan » Sun, 12 Jul 2009 23:44:57 GMT

 Hi Elvis,

I haven't calibrated the TS. If calibration is done only to know the
resolution of TS then I know the resolution.
Also let me know what patch needs to be applied to InputDevice.java file.

Thanks,
Krishna

ads7846 touchscreen issue!

by Elvis Dowson » Mon, 13 Jul 2009 02:37:11 GMT

 Hi,        I had posted the patches yesterday, see this thread:

ads7846 touchscreen issue!

by Krishna Mohan » Mon, 13 Jul 2009 19:09:51 GMT

 Hi Elvis,
     i got the ts_calibrate test application and the output of the
calibration file was /etc/pointercal which contained some thing as below:
-52034 8079 26841420 -981 -6695 18694048 65536

next, how should i apply the patch

ads7846 touchscreen issue!

by Elvis Dowson » Mon, 13 Jul 2009 22:29:48 GMT

 Hi,       That set of patches is only for the android 1.5r2 sdk. It does not
contain any kernel level patches. You need to split that file, and then go
to each directory in android and type

$ git apply <patchfilename>

where <patchfilename> is the name of the patch file fragment take from the
file. It is a limitation of repo, you can get a diff out of it, but you
cannot apply an entire patch file to the entire tree. If you don't know how
to apply a patch file, then try to make the modifications manually by hand.

Elvis

ads7846 touchscreen issue!

by Krishna Mohan » Tue, 14 Jul 2009 13:50:41 GMT

 Hi,

  Thats quite some work....but i heard that Android supports TS directly
without any additions.

Regards,
-Krishna

ads7846 touchscreen issue!

by Krishna Mohan » Tue, 14 Jul 2009 17:45:56 GMT

 I would also like to know if i have to make any changes to the ads7846
driver. Also let me know what platform info needs to be supplied to the
kernel like x_min,x_max, y_min, y_max, pressure_max, debounce_max,
debounce_tol, x_plate_ohms etc..

1. How to send an event to User space?

Hi,

I would like to send an event to user space from my driver. My driver
will check the interrupt. Once it happened, an event will be send to
filesystem. How can i do this scenario? Is that possible to use
uevent?

kobject_uevent(&psy->dev->kobj, KOBJ_CHANGE);

Thanks for help..

website:

2. OOT: Komparasi ukuran

Napsu gw sih gede ngeliat attachment lo...

//tidur aja ah zzz...

//brynerio
Google Nexus-1 & BlackBerry Tour
b...@brynerio.com